Bringing my fleet to work

stokke

Tony brought up a thread in the "still picture" section, which made me remember this series. I brought my entire fleet along to work before Christmas, borrowed the studio and one of the workplace's SLR's.

Behold Marius' Heli division :D :D LOL

_E7A1843.jpg

_E7A1845.jpg

_E7A1846.jpg

_E7A1850.jpg

_E7A1857.jpg

_E7A1860.jpg

And a few singles of my latest acquisition; dubbed "Big Mama" :D

_E7A1864.jpg

_E7A1865.jpg

_E7A1866.jpg

_E7A1869.jpg

_E7A1873.jpg

_E7A1874.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The only thing I would have done differently is I would have reduced the white balance or made the shutter a little faster. Other than a little too much wash out, they are great pics.

stokke

It's a compromise between getting not perfect white background and not overexposing the motives. The white balance is neutralized on a photographer's grey plate - so it should be correct. Image representation may often differ depending on the particular monitor it is viewed on :D Pics was edited on a calibrated Eizo ColorEdge monitor.

murankar

Staff member
Looking good. I wish I had a sudo studio for product shooting. I did do a small product shoot that is on here some where.

Keep it up.

Tony

Staff member
Canon 5D, that is a great camera! What kind of lights are you guys running? I'm asking because I'm thinking of setting up a studio to do some of the same.

stokke

Yeah that camera is awesome :D The one in the pic is brand new, the mark III. We got the mark II as well, but that one is due for a maintenance check at Canon. Our lamps are from Bowens, two 680W and two 500W.

- - - Updated - - -

You should know I had to go read that off the lamps, because I don't have a clue LOL :D I'm the graphic designer, so I rarely have anything to do on the studio unless it's for personal use.

Tony

Staff member
I need to take my XSi in for a check up. There are some dead pixles on the CMOS. And that is some kickin' wattage on the lights. No wonder it's so friggin bright lmao.

murankar

Staff member
I don't even have a place to go and shoot plus I would have to rent. Those rental fees can get pricey.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That's when you setup what I have. All you need is a kitchen table, a large white drop cloth (or whatever color) and a couple large CFL lamps with some kind of reflectors. YOu will have to use some image software to adjust the blue or yellow out of the picture, but it's cheap and very portable. I wish I could afford those lights that are in the above pic. True color lights!

Top Bottom