Bought my first RC Model Dec last year

BASound

Thank guys for the warm welcome, Imm looking forward collaborating on this site, I have to say its one of the more logical easy to use.

Firstly I need to establish I'm a Mac user, I say this up front because there seem to be very few of us in the RC world, I do both platforms but only when I have to.
So as the title suggests I'm very new to this Hobby but firmly bitten by the bug. I bought my first model in Dec last year as a holiday long overdue fascination. It was a 400mm rotor diameter Coaxial, Ready to Fly. Got to grips with it very quickly and went on to buy an Align Trex 450 DFC Pro Ready to fly. This I must say has not surprisingly provided more challenges than I had predicted but I am doing well, needless to say a few spares purchases later !!
I do need help in a few areas from you guys:
I notice that there are many more Spectrum TX users than Futaba and most of the material on TX help is for Spectrim, the package I've got is the Align version of Futaba and Im needing first to know the factory setup appropriate to the heli I have and then some help on toning down the settings for a slightly more docile setup while I get to grips with the machine.
Having read a lot about Firmware updates on the 3Gx Gyro I'm prompted to check and see which version I have and need to know where I can check this ?
On this score how does one connect the 3GX Gyro/RX to enable the FW update take place ?

Lee

Welcome to the forum dude.
I'm a Mac guy too.
What Sim are you using?
The best one for Mac is Heli-X. Its native, so no having to use bootcamp or parallels.

To tame down the heli, you need to add Expo and Dual rates. Something like 30-40% Expo and 70% DR.
My best advice, when money allows, would be to swap out that 3GX for something like a BeastX AR7200 or an Ikon.
So much better and easier to set up.
BeastX can be programmed straight in the unit. No need for PC or Mac
Ikon has many great features. I use Bluetooth with my Android phone to program it, so no need for Mac bootcamp either.

Good luck :)

Tony

Staff member
Lee nailed it on the setup. And he is our resident mac guy lol. I'm a windows user and even though I do own an iphone, I don't use it. It's just collecting dust lol.

And as Lee stated, the AR7200BX, AR7300BX and the Ikon are amazing gyros that just work. The 3GX can be fine one day, then go haywire the next. We have members that have seen this first hand.

Another gyro to think about that has had some good reviews is the GPro from Align. It's the gyro that replaced the 3GX. I have not heard many bad things about it. Just something to think about. But I would still go with the Ikon or BX.

Top Bottom