450 Bought a new 450 heli

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I imagine some of you have been wondering ... "Where the heck is Paul?" (while most of you prolly just don't care, lol!) Well, after my last crash and I do mean it was a Taco of a crash, I made the decision to just purchase a new kit and transplant all of my stuff into it. The Dynam needs major surgery to fly again. All of the parts it would take to get it into the air is just not worth it. For an extra $20, I can have a complete new heli. So, I just made the jump and purchased this one:

hk450gt(4).jpg

(Here's the link.)

Since I ordered it from the USA Warehouse, I'm hoping it will be here in a week instead of the normal three from HK, lol! I'll let you know when it gets here and we can go from there. Hopefully this heli will last a little longer (maybe if I follow Tony's Flight School it might help :biggrin1:)

Tony

Staff member
That is the best helicopter that you can purchase IMO. Better than the PRO. I'm almost to the point of selling my Pro, and getting this one again. Man was this a GREAT helicopter. Let me know if you need any help, you know I have time lmao.

Lee

Nice one Paul. Tony has built one and i just finished building my second one so give us a shout if you have issues with it.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Is that the HK450gt? BTW Paul, in Spanish class, my spanish name wqas Taco!

Tony

Staff member
:thinking:

I thought I responded to this lol. I had posted that the 500GT was the only one with plastic anything and a metal frame. Not sure why, but they call it "performance". I guess you are right if you want to quickly pile it into the ground lmao.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I'm looking forward to it also, and thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. Hopefully I'll soon be able to drop the "Taco" moniker ... getting tired of having a smushed heli :chuckles: I'll let everyone know when it gets here. I need to check HK and see what the status on it is, though I bet it isn't going to hit the street until tomorrow or later.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Checked on HK website. Their website says it's been shipped (or at least has a tracking number). Don't know if it's actually out of their door yet, but you know the deal. Looking forward to getting this puppy.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I got the heli yesterday. It's about half put together right now. I'm working on the servo for the tail, but I'm going to have to modify it a little bit so it will align correctly with the rod. Not a big deal. Oh, the servos are all the T-Pro 9g MG90. I really like this heli. It is very well put together. Like was said above, almost all of the parts are metal or CF. There are a few plastic parts, but only in places where it makes sense. The body completely locktited (if I can use that as a word, lol). Every screw which goes against the CF has a washer on it so as to protect the CF. I don't think the pad where the battery is supposed to be mounted is quite long enough. Just doesn't look long enough to do what it's supposed to ... I guess I'll find out. I'll keep you updated as I get put together. It's looking good thus far though!

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
You shouldn't have to modify anything. And do you mean MG90 or MG90S?

I'm sure you're right: MG90S ... but I'll have to double check. The mod on the servo is not a big thing. It is just a slight adjustment in the case at the mount so the ball will sit in line with the linkage. I don't want it to bind when it goes through the motions. I think the rest of them will work out just fine.

zapster

Paul i,m going to get the same thing except,sell my razor befor i completely total it, lol.I better get on Ebay soon befor i splat it again.

Top Bottom