VRX Boscam FR632 Diversity 5 8GHz 40CH Auto Scan LCD AV Receiver Review Banggood

Tony

Staff member
I decided to go ahead and upload this video while I'm working out the issues with the video quality I'm receiving through the camera. I'm not sure if it's my camera, my wires going to the VTX or the cables coming from my VRX to my goggles, but I'm working on it.

In this video, I do a little test of the Boscam FR632 Diversity VRX. I didn't have time to actually do any 'diversity' testing, but that will come in the future when I receive some new hardware and get this camera issue figured out.

Let me know what you think about the video.

Boscam FR632 Diversity 5 8GHz 40CH Auto Scan LCD AV Receiver Review Banggood - YouTube

Derek

In the video, you said that the one antenna broke a lobe off. Could that be a part of the problem with your video?

Tony

Staff member
Nah, the VTX had the same issue with the white balance. All that lobe is going to do is reduce my range when that lobe is facing the VRX. I have another antenna on the way (the same kind) as well as a new antenna to test out. Should be here this week. Now I just need to win the lottery so I can get the correct gear and not have to worry about these issues lmao.

Stambo

I went through a lot of the same things you are Tony, in the end it was similar to the real Trex vs clone issue.
While some may have good results mixing and matching, as far as I am concerned Immersion/Fatshark gear is among the best out there for the money.
I tried the cheaper stuff, and it is just that, cheaper.
You will never record great video from an rx but it can be reasonable.
Camera settings can make a huge difference too.
Next chance I get I will upload some video from my Dom V3s.

Edit
Ok I just watched some more of the video, if that is what you are seeing in your goggles, that to me is a camera brightness or white balance issue.
Can you borrow a known good camera to try or try your camera on a known good system?
Make sure you check the wiring as they are not all the same.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I have tried another camera, and it was the same thing pretty much. But, when we flew when Matt was over here, it was very clear. And yes, that is what I was seeing in the goggles, just not as bad. still bad though.

And you are right, IRC/FS are about the best bang for your buck out there, but you have to have the "buck" in that saying lol. I'm working on it, it's just taking far longer than I thought. And just remember, the only thing I have purchased in all of this is the goggles and the quad kit. Everything else was sponsored.

Stambo

I would still try getting in to the camera settings and seeing if it makes a difference, just make sure you know what you have changed so you can change it back if you need to.
Chances of getting 2 cameras with the same problem are slim I know but it's worth a shot.
Maybe only drop the brightness and see if it helps.
If it does, you can tweak more to your liking, if not all you have lost is a little time.
There's a new video for you, how to adjust camera settings for FPV. :)

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I have thought of that video lmao. And yes, when I get a little time, I will be going through the settings in the camera, completely redoing all of my connections and wires and getting this thing to record a decent friggin video clip lmao.

Just gotta love the cheap crap... :chuckles:

Stambo

Just had another thought, there is no reason why you cannot hook the camera direct to your monitor or goggles.
That would prove without any doubt whether the problem is camera adjustment.
Just power it up with the required voltage and hook the video and ground direct to the monitor.

Edit
Another thought, is this the Runcam Swift IR sensitive camera that you reviewed?
If so you will never get it right without an IR filtered lens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom