Boring but successful maiden test flight...

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
It was a bit windy but decided to go ahead and test the Bell 407 this morning. Got out early and went behind the elementary school to try and get some wind shelter. The models all up weight came in at 18.7lbs, about a pound less then when I tested the mechanics last week. I was able to shave a bit off by moving the flight battery's into the passenger compartment. The idea came from a follow modeler who did it. By moving the batts I was able to move the giant Kosmik under the dog house saving on the weight needed to get the CG right. I apologize for the audio, I'll get a better video next time. The sound system cant be heard after the blades get up to speed. I might have to up the voltage or add a speaker.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Nothing boring about that maiden flight :arms: or any flight :hdbng: Awesome build Very nice, stable heli. I'm loving it. Thanks for sharing :).

Tony

Staff member
Bro, that helicopter looks and sounds amazing! Yea, volume is a little low, but nothing some headphones can't solve! Great job! :twothumbsup:

Shaky

Nice looking Bell. I've thought about doing a scale Heli, but don't know if I have the patience to build one these days. Also trying to be a smooth flying pilot for scale... might be a problem for me. hehe

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Believe me I'm not the greatest pilot, still love these scale machines. Just waiting for a windless morning to try a real flight. Been terrible around here lately.

Top Bottom