BOKI

BOKI

I am a new member & just getting into helicopters.I am a AMA member & I joined IVRC RC club in Peru ,IL in January 2012. I guy I new heard I was interested in Helicopter& air planes! I own a 120sr helicopter & a real small house helicopter! I have got really interested in helicopters. I bought Phoenix Flight simulator & have been flying alot of different helicopters. A friend of mine has a Trex 450 pro & he only used it maybe 3 batteries & it sat on the shelf! Anyway I started flying it on the Phoenix Simulator. All the helicopters I can left & right turn but I can't do circles or S Or figure 8 at all! I just dive into the ground ! I get the blade angle or pitch to steep & crash! I have been using the finger method with sticks. I practice hovering & forward tail facing you turn left or right nose in flight. But I can't do the 8's circles or low eye level turns ! When up high I don't crash with the steep pitch angle! Down low I crash! What is the way to do all the turns? Help!

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. First a foremost we love pics and videos and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Now for the dirt dart effect on your turns. You need to add some back cyclic (right stick down), not a lot just enough to keep the nose from pointing down. remember that when you do that you will begin to lose forward momentum. So you need to balance it out. Also the heli will want to nose down natural in forward flight. This will take some getting used to, work on it in the sim before going out. Another thing is that the real thing is going to be more intimidating than the sim so just take your time. I can do all kinds of stuff in the sim, but in real life I can't do anything but some basic moves.

Good luck and happy flying.

Lee

Welcome BOKI,
There are loads of great folk here to help you along on your RC journey. Enjoy the ride.

BOKI

Muranker; Just got home & glad to see your message! I am going to try & see if I can try what you said to do ! I know the simulator is easy to fly compared to the real thing! I crash & see all the parts fly & I'm glad it wasn't outside. Not use to typing messages so hope I don't screw up to much! Talk to you later & Thanks for the help! Our club I just joined only has one Helicopter pilot. He is older & lives on a farm. Only see him at meetings so far. He only comes to our flying field to the meetings. We have a big farm shed & picnic tables & some chairs! In the winter we have meetings in the basement of a Bank In Lasalle, IL. The field is about 13 miles away in the country! Better sign off will bore you!

BOKI

BOKI ; I am a new member & I have a DX8 brand new & like helicopters I am learning slowly how to use My DX8 ! I have a retired RC hobby guy who works for a hobby shop part time help me set up a DX7s ! Then I sold it & bought the DX8 with the lighted screen. I have a 120SR with some dual rate & Expo transferred off the the DX7s . I have been flying many helicopters on Phoenix Simulator in the Dual Rate low rate! I'm new at flying helicopters & this slows them down for me! A new helicopter on Phoenix Simulator I loaded is MA Whiplash 90 NCE Nitro Performance /3D/Aerobatic! This is a nice looking helicopter & in the low dual rate it is bigger seems more stable has a vapor trail to see & just bigger to see! I have been practicing hovering & slow turns & S & 8's circles ! Murankar gave me My first useful tips on My Dx8 on using the sticks & I have been trying them! So far I am getting better slowly! Just new to Helicopters but I just love flying them mostly on the simulator so far! I am learning everything I can! Thanks Murankar! Happy Flying Everyone!

murankar

Staff member
I was once there too. I went three 120sr canopies before I learned what to do. I am glad I could help.

BOKI

Hi, Murankar I just got up & had to check the site to see whats going on! I sure appreciate you answering my threads I guess you call them that ! Murankar it says I have a 108 threads but how do I get them ? This site is new to me ! Our club is in Peru ,IL & i just got a news letter at 8:30 PM last night! Guess the guys are having a Float FLy with public invited August 5TH ! Its at a real wide spot in the IL river . This area the call Lake Depu after the town of Depu at that location! Few of the guys have huge float planes ! 50% of our guys have been RC guys for many years ! They can really put on some nice events! Its about 45 Miles from where I live ! If the weather is good it will be a fun time. I to was in the Service Murankar ! The Navy 3 years I went Gulf coast! West coast ! Through the panama canal Atlantic coast & Mediterrian tour back to Florida & Cuba & I got out1 Never cared to travel much after all that! Just love the helicopters they require quite a bit of skill! Also planes do also! Nice to get your comment! Thanks again! Happy Flying !

murankar

Staff member
Helping is what we do here. Most other sites will ban you or scoff at you for not know stuff. Tony has a zero tolerance for that behavior on here. The threads are the main post made, below that are the posts. in your member info pane on the left at the bottom it shows how many posts you have. You can upload a pic for your avatar and add a signature

Ya the travel gets old after while. I am on my way to Texas after this "deployment". I am hoping for better times, I was in the Marine Corps also so I got some sea time myself one year total to be exact. So I know what the water is like.

As for the club, try hard to get there. That will be your best resource for help and training. This forum is great for the info, tips and instructions, but the best thing is an experienced pilot standing next to you explaining how to fly while you fly. I am hoping to hook up with two other members on here to help me learn when I get back. Right now I post vids and take in the comments as my teacher.

Good luck and have fun.

BOKI

Thanks for your reply Murankar haven't flown much for 2 reasons it's been real windy for 4 months! Then the temperature has been cooking 100 to 102 & 107 & & 110 & real windy! We are in a bad drought now ! Then they are predicting heavy rains later this summer & fall! Hope to find some good days coming up soon! In a small town Streator, IL I met a guy who was a sponsored By Synergy & he is a helicopter pilot. Anyway he offered to give me some free training whenever I call him ! I am a Private Pilot but Quit flying after 911 prices got sky high to fly! I flew A Cessna 150 & Cessna 152 & Cessna 172 Cherokee 140 low wing & Dechtalon Aerobatic brand new plane just to learn Spins big motor 2 seater hand sticks! Wanted to fly helicopters but cost so much! So know I'm into Rc helicopters & just love them! So My helicopter dream is in RC helicopters & it seems to be extremely fun! I like all you have to learn! Better go & maybe do some Simulator flying! Have to learn how to post pictures like our up coming Float plane event ! Thanks again Safe & Happy Flying !

BOKI

Hi murankar; I was wondering if you saw the 2 messages I put on about stand for Spectrum Transmitters & one for Cell Spy for Planes & Helicopters ! I haven't seen them since I typed them out ! Just ate supper & was going to Fly on the Phoenix Simulator! To hot to fly out side about 97 degrees out humid no wind ! I would tell everyone how to hook up the Cell Spy to a Plane Or Helicopter but I can't find the 2 messages I typed before! But I'm not to great & finding My way around the site yet! Talk to you later BOKI Tuesdy 7:19 PM Illinois time! Enjoy Flying & Keep the Right Side UP !

murankar

Staff member
I have no idea about spektrum or cell spy. I am still rather new to the hobby. The only spektrum radio I have is the DX5e and that's for my 120sr.

Currently I have the th9x so that's where I am more knowledgeable, and that is limited as well.

BOKI

Hi Zadren & murankar; The Spectrum Transmitter stand #XTR13109ALBK Aluminum Xtreme TX , Black ! This makes the transmitter up in the back 4 inches keeps it out of the grass & dirt. Sits up for better viewing the screen on a table , bench picnic table whatever! Horizion Hobby 4105 fieldstone Road,PO Box 6029 Champagin IL 61826 -6029 Phone Area (217) 352-1913 or (800) 338-4639 Stand also folds flat on back of transmitter & will fit in transmitter carrying case! Price $ 20 plus tax & shipping! This is for everyone & fits Spectrum Radios! BOKI Friday August 3rd 12:11 PM Central Illinois time ! Any more questions just ask! Enjoy your Flying!

murankar

Staff member
Just to add I have not used a sand either. I use the RCH neck strap, get one it's great and it supports the site. One of these days I will get a full on view of it. I finally got this thing set to my likings I think. I believe Tony modeled this after the dx7 or 8 TX. either way I love it and makes holding the TX a beautiful thing.

don't forget the t-shirt also. Support the site and promote it when you can. I have said before this sit is exploding please contribute when you can. I would love love to see more new names in the future.

Tony thanks again. I do not think we can thank you enough for this site. Please keep it pure, which I know you will.

BOKI

Hi, murankar the Transmitter Stand is only used for putting your transmitter down on a the ground ,table, bench picnic table for setup viewing & to keep it clean! I also have a neck strap to use the Transmitter when I'm Flying! BOKI I'll try to support the site in the future if I can! Thanks for responding !

murankar

Staff member
Well I have a brick walk way to set things down on. I will try and get a shot of my flying area. actually it's one of two fly areas. I prefer the field because I can really practice what I need to. my other location is nothing more than a parking lot.

the brick area provides ample space to set down on, both radio and model.

Top Bottom