Bloody flight

treff

Must be the time of year. Had about 6 batteries worth today and noticed leading edge of main rotor covered in blood
and insect gore. Must have chopped through a whole bunch of the little bleeders. lol

danhampson

tell me about it, im getting bored of cleaning bugs off the blades and grass off the boom. LOL

dont you just love summer.

cml001

I live in the south.. It's like that year round just about. You can see insects going for the heli... Kinda neat when a big one goes for it!

sarconastic

I haven't had too much trouble...yet... with bugs, but I have birds that attack my v911 and my V912. Can't wait for the 450 to get done and we'll see who attacks who. Need an Airsoft gun mounted underneath for this flight. LOL

cml001

Interestingly, not bloodly tho... About a year ago I was fly'n my P-47 Thunderbolt.. Had it out there pretty far.. Coming across I see from the corner of my eye a dark patch in the sky.. Geese.. Though they were further out than the plane so I bank'd back toward me to bring her in.. SMACK! Clipped a goose.. It stayed airborne so I assume it was ok.. The P-47 didn't however.. Total loss of the fuse.. I felt soooo bad. As I said not bloody.. But this thread reminded me of it.. And no, I don't feel bad about the insects.. Birds are another story. I have landed on serveral occasions due to birds chasing my plane & heli's... Brave little things!

Top Bottom