Blogs Are Back!!!!

Tony

Staff member
On our old site, we had blogs, but because they were an afterthought (with vBulletin, not from me lol) it was not integrated into the site. Well on this site and the new Blog software that I just installed, it IS integrated into the forum structure so you will receive notifications when someone posts a comment to your blog, likes your blog or so on.

I am testing this out to see if anyone will use it. On the last site, we tried (especially URI) to get it active, but without it being integrated in the forum, it just sat in the back and was never seen by new members. Now, that issue should be resolved.

Post up some blogs so that everyone can see how these things work. When you click on the New Posts button there is now a new tab to see the new blog posts. Check it out and let me know what you think. I am still working on adding categories and such which will take time. So right now all blogs posted will be in a general category since there are no categories to select.

Tony

Staff member
Absolutely. In my opinion the blogs are a great place for a member to keep a record of things that are going on. If you want to do it on your sim adventures I can create a category of "Sim Sessions" or the like and you can make a new blog for each one you do. No limit, they are your blogs. Give it a shot and let me know what you think. It's just like making a thread so it is very easy unlike the way it was on the old site which was almost as complicated as the article system on this site lmao.

murankar

Staff member
Were you able to migrate the old blogs?

My 360 build is on that. Now I can start a blog on the solar project.

sneezy007

I tried commenting on Murankar's blog and it gave me this error. I certainly have not posted 10 blogs comments.
Dino

The following error occurred:
Sorry sneezy007, an error had occurred. You have reached the daily maximum quota of 10 blog comments set by admin.

Tony

Staff member
Very interesting. I will look into this. Just for clarification, I'm really not liking this blog system. Very basic layout with really horrible options on the back end.

Tony

Staff member
The idea of them is great. The last blog software we used was very intuitive and you could do as much as you wanted to them. But not overly complicated. This blog software is very dumbed down and in my opinion, way too simplistic. But, it is pretty much the only option for the forum software we are running unfortunately.

Top Bottom