500 Blades

trainrider06

is there a difference in blades on 500 FB and FBL?
I skinned up my one set of Align blades during my last little mishap, but had a spare set of Align blades
Put em on, and they are tight in the grips. I can fold them back with some slight force, but they sure don't seem to fit like the other set did...

Tony

Staff member
The are different blades. Ones with 3g on them are fbl blades, and without that , they are FB blades. Tight grips does happen though.

trainrider06

Hmm? Neither set were 3G.....so what should I do? Rotate em around in the grips till they loosen up?
Or get another set of blades? How do you know if say a set of after market blades are correct for it.

Tony

Staff member
If you can still move them, then they should be fine. I wouldn't do anything to them.

As for getting another set, most high end blades (Edge and the like, better than Align) will have very good roots that are all the same size. Align is falling off and there QC is getting worse.

Tony

Staff member
Edge and Radix (I think) are some of the best. There are many others as well, but get ready, they are going to cost you.

murankar

Staff member
If you got the cash rails by Matt and Amy Botos are some great blades. These blades are great and the price tag will reflect. I have flown the 326mm on my Gaui and I took them off to save them. At $40 a set I cant afford to destroy them.

trainrider06

If you got the cash rails by Matt and Amy Botos are some great blades. These blades are great and the price tag will reflect. I have flown the 326mm on my Gaui and I took them off to save them. At $40 a set I cant afford to destroy them.

I'll check em out, yeah I probably need to stick with the lesser blades for now, until I can be sure I am not going to pull any blunders like I did to scrape up the last set....lol

Lee

The new blades on the block are Zeal.
The quality is good and the price is very competitive.

@Tony
Edge no longer exist.

Derek

Align is falling off and there QC is getting worse.

I think this statement is a bit unrealistic. I have Align blades on my 500 flybarred and my 600 flb and they work very well. I have two extra sets of blades for both helicopters and they look very good, balance very nicely, and they are the same thickness at the root.

Edge and Radix (I think) are some of the best. There are many others as well, but get ready, they are going to cost you.

I can't say anything about Radix blades...never flown them. Edge blades may be difficult to get a hold of because they aren't being made anymore.

trainrider06

Ok thank ya all, I know everyone has a preference on their blades, like their heli's but I got some good leads to look around for. Those Rail blades look really cool, but $60.00 bucks....wow! But I'll for sure keep an eye out in classifieds for those....they just look really cool! My flying skills are not expert enough to tell the difference in blade performance...

Derek

Zeal blades are some of the newest around and a lot of people are using them. Rail blades are quite popular.

murankar

Staff member
You'll notice the difference if you use them. Rails have a different feel to them due to their design.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Yeah it takes a pocket book to afford them but they are great.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

I've heard the Zeal were great blades also Lee, have seen those RJX blades D.O.G. and wondered about those also...
Probably what I'll do is pick up 2-3 sets of lesser blades, and 1 set of the higher end blades.

murankar

Staff member
Those will be just as good as the Hobby king blades. If your still crashing a lot then those will be fine. If you are not crashing a lot and progressing then I would invest in something a little more high end. Try the Zeal blades and see how those feel to ya. I fly the Gaui brand 325mm blades, at $13 a set Its not much of a loss if I crash. if both of those go I still have my rails on standby.

Top Bottom