blades wont spin ?

bigbuck10

my trex 450 blades wont spin they try then they just fold in and sounds like gear is stuck. i hear a clicking sound any ideas

Tony

Staff member
Um, we may need more into on this including a video so we can see what is going on. But let me give this a shot.

Check your belt in the tail and make sure it's only rotated 45*. to me, it sounds like the belt is twisted way too much. If that is not it, then start looking at the gear. But my money is on the belt. If it stays twisted too much, and it does spin, you will hear a ratchet sound, and it will kill the belt in about 5 seconds. Hope this helps. If not, shoot us a short video of what it's doing.

Tony

Staff member
That looks like either a motor or ESC issue right there. here are a few things you can try. Put your trim on your throttle all the way down. If that doesn't work, leave the trim all the way down, turn on your Tx and raise the throttle all the way up, plug in the heli. When you hear two beeps, lower the stick all the way. This will reset the throttle end points and give it a better program in the ESC with more steps. if that doesn't work, I would be calling or emailing the place you purchased the heli from, you may have gotten a bad motor/ESC.

Can you spin the motor by hand by spinning the blades? Do you have another ESC you can use to see if it's the ESC? Do you have another motor to try out?

bigbuck10

Well I'm new to this so don't have extra parts yet. Love to fly just wish I could learn the things to keep me out on the field thanks I will try those tips and let you know.

Tony

Staff member
The only other thing I can think of is make sure all of your plugs are plugged in correctly into the Rx. Make sure they are secure, and make sure the solder joints on the motor plugs are good. Pretty much do a once over on everything.

Tony

Staff member
It should. I wouldn't try to fly it with that ESC, but you can test it with that one. Same with the motor if it will bolt up.

Lee

First question. Did it fly before? Is it brand new? If its brand new then i would check/redo the solder joints. It could be a drop in voltage due to a bad connector.

bigbuck10

I think that might be the cause the wires off the esc don't seem snug. If this don't work anyone have a 600 trex to sell me lol

bigbuck10

Thanks for almost finding me one. Guess I have to learn how to fix to stay in the air. I did enjoy building the one I have I find myself laying off work just to fly when the wind is in my favor what's wrong with me ? Oh yeah it's the helli bug

Tony

Staff member
That bug will take over your life. Did you put your other ESC on to test anything out?

Lee

Start the bidding guys. Its a genuine Align Trex 600 CF with Castle Creation 80HV ESC.

Lee

Thats my other one. This one is the one in the camera mount thread i did. SAB tail blades and tonnes of spares.

bigbuck10

Will try it tonight just smoking my turkey breast shot 2 today with the bow. And for the 600 trex just shoot me the fair price as I don't know

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I thought you were going to sell your Chaos, and keep that Align. It's what I would do...

and let us know how the tests go. Hope it's as simple as a cold solder joint.

Top Bottom