Micro BladeCP resurrection

bigone5500

Someone gave me a Blade CP heli and said the 4 in 1 was bad. The main rotor blades were trash and it was plain filthy. I took a 1s battery and connected two servos to the reciever and found nothing wrong. The transmitter needs to be disassembled and the battery terminals cleaned well due to corrosion. I got most of it with a brass bristle brush but more is there. Fortunately parts are still available for this heli. This one will be a good step up from my 120s as I don't want to crash my 270cfx again as I did the other day. Cost me $75 in parts. I will probably not fly the 270 for a while until I get better with the smaller ones.

So, what should I check out to be sure it's airworthy? Other than being dirty I think all it needs is some oil on the bearings.

bigone5500

I suppose my real concern with it is the fact that it's a flybar setup. Do the paddles need to have the same angle as the main rotors?

Tony

Staff member
The flybar paddles should be in line with the flybar cage. Other than that, there is no other adjustment you need to check on the flybar other than it being the same length out from center on both sides.

bigone5500

Powered up the heli today (from a 3.7v 1S! LOL!) and everything works on it. I'm going to try to build a battery for it from some NiMh AAA batteries and a JST connector. If that doesn't pan out then I will just get a LiPo for it.

bigone5500

Well it was a good shot anyway. I took a 3S lipo and powered up the heli. Things looked pretty good at least until the tail motor burned out...

Now I got a brand new 3S lipo to put in something. *taps chin*

Top Bottom