450 blade tracking after sideways landing

hawk-i

Hey guys while I reput together my trex 450 clone and set the linkage`s to book specs I couldn't get it to leave the ground. So I went away from spec and just leveled my swash and washout arms and it flew good. As a matter of fact it flew good enough I thought my skills were better than they were. So after the crash I replaced the bent main shaft and checked the feathering shaft and it was ok. My problem is that after adjusting blade tracking they seem ok at low rpm but separate quite a bit at high throttle. Any thoughts on that?

Tony

Staff member
Did you pull out the feathering shaft and roll it on a piece of glass? If not, you might want to try it. The slightest bend will cause this. You could have also have bent a linkage going to the blade grip. If there is no vibration, you can try adjusting the low blade up.

PaulRC

Go with a microbeast setup + DFC head and DFC swash. It's a much a simpler design, and it fly's straight out of the box

pvolcko

I often see this when doing tracking on my 300x, likely because my normal and idle up speeds are significantly different. I track initially in normal mode and consider it a rough adjustment, then track in idle up to expose any more need for adjustment. If I try to track in idle up right off the bat it doesn't go well. If they are too far out of adjustment then it will setup a pretty wicked vibration.

Top Bottom