Scale blade scale BO-105/130x red bull ?'s/ concerns

Wolf714

Having unboxed and fully charged several batteries, sadly, I've only gotten as for as maybe 5 tip overs to the right usually, trying to get this little helicopter into the air

I stripped out what I think is the e gear, at the very top of the tail, and wow! It's a good thing my eyes have proper functionality, because this helicopter, when it breaks, requires surgical attention!

that said, hopefully somebody out here might be able to relate to the nerves of attempting to take this helicopter off, for the first time, correctly. The only thing I can remotely relate this problematic takeoff behavior to, r what were some extremely frustrating and negative experiences, that I had with the ill-fated design of the blade 300x, and its nortorious penchant for uncontrollable roll to the right. so I guess my first question would be, is there or are there any particular tip / tips to immediately get flying right, and/or, program the radio in a docile way? I have a strong command of what I would consider legitimately to be intermittent level ability of flight control, takeoffs and landings most definitely included, sometimes both very precise, after lots of practice. this little red Bull model, has squashed some of that confidence! I've already had to do surgery, and replace that little tiny gear at the top of the tail, Which I'm sure I'll have to do again... But hopefully not simply just in the process of trying to get into the air safely, which at this point, is all I want to do

the control board for this 130x variant obviously is not the same as the beast AR 7200... So, what I'd like to know, is what I need to do, both physically as a pilot, and especially, with the radio, including sub trims which are impossible with the AR 7200, should I dial into my dx6i, before I have another exercise in frustration?!

a big key to my success with several other blade helicopters I own, has been to lower the expo settings on my radio, which makes the models easier to control, and not as sensitive. but as I said, the beast, is much different than the 3 in 1 board comes with this little red Bull chop

any advice about this will be greatly appreciated. also, not in the interest of bling, but in the interest of durability, and safety, can someone tell me if the metal aftermarket gears for the standard 130 X, can also be used, with The Red Bull scale
model?

that said, I hope summer is going great out there for my fellow pilots, and I especially appreciated the post about preflight inspection, and safety issues regarding these models. There really is no amount of understatement about such things. it's too bad the knuckleheads on YouTube and other social sites, don't take the craft seriously, because in some cases, limb and life most definitely, depend on serious safety consideration, or the lack of it

Tony

Staff member
I have the BO-105 CB Blade Red Bull helicopter and I have never noticed this issue. My settings are exactly as they are in the manual, with the exception to the DR/Expo and pitch and throttle curves. But neither of those will affect it taking off.

One thing to note, most helicopters have a clockwise rotating head. The 130x Red Bull has a counter clockwise rotating head so it should pull to the right when taking off while the other helicopters will pull to the left.

Below is a picture of the 130xRB DX6i settings. Go into your Tx and make sure your settings match these.

dx6i-130xRB.jpg

Once that is done, take a look at this page in the manual. It states this helicopter doesn't like being on the ground and wants to be "popped up", like the 3gx 3.1 birds, as soon as you can get it off the ground.

dx6i-130xRB.jpg

dx6i-130xRB.jpg

dx6i-130xRB.jpg

Admiral

One quirk that I have noticed with my standard 130's is the fact that the gyros do not function until the throttle is about 30% for the first time, which causes all sorts of grief taking off.

To test this plug you battery in the move the helicopter around like you would a 450 or 500 FBL to check gyro directions and you will get no swash or tail movement.

I started checking his out when I notice that a second take off on a battery was much more controlled than an initial take off.

Tony

Staff member
You are correct, the gyros are not activated until you arm them by raising the throttle. Which I think is why they say to get it off the ground quickly. I think, after you land, once 5 seconds has passed, it will disarm the gyros once again.

Top Bottom