General Blade pitch question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hope everyone had a good holiday. I know when starting off flying a heli with 10 to 12 degrees pitch on the blade is good. My self, I'm somewhere around 12.6 to 13 degrees on my birds. My question is, since I'm putting a fuselage on my 500 and of course the weight will increase a bit. Should I go from 13 degrees to maybe 14 degrees to give me more pop with that extra weight that the 500 will have on it? I know someone that has a Synergy E5 "I like that bird" and he's his blade pitch is at 14, closer to 15 degrees on the E5. :hmmm: Is that because of the weight factor of the bird or is it that he likes flying with that pitch on his bird.

murankar

Staff member
I would probably go back to 12° and increase the head head speed. Unless your trying to keep it in scale.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony and Admiral on the blade pitch question. If bogging down could be a problem, should I be looking at a new motor? I'm thinking about getting another one anyway. The 500 has this motor on now Turnigy Typhoon 500H Heli Motor 1800kv (500 Class) but I'm looking at this one HML50M03 500MX Brushless Motor(1600KV) - LowerHeli.com or I'm really interested in this one [QT-4120-1100] QUANTUM Outrunner Brushless Heli Motor (4120- 1100KV) - Goblin 500 I probably should wait till I get the fuselage and have the 500 up and running first. Since I got new servos,esc, and fuselage, why not a new motor.

With that fuse you're putting on, -12/+12 should be fine, I would bump up the head speed a little though. I ran -12/+12 on that 550 I had with the Speed Fuselage and it was pretty much the same fuse. To me, I prefer a lower headspeed though and the 550 with that fuselage made it feel solid and stable.

holtneil

Hi mate sorry late on the thread my AH-1 cobra 500 runs the same pitch ( -2,5,8,10,12) but a low head speed so to help with lift I used the spin blades and upped the tail to 75mm
never had motor problem all I had to do was change the esc to a fixed headspeed ( talon) this fixed the the problem I had with the stopping the decent faster
What was happening is if you came down from height and wanted to stop and hover you needed max pitch but it was touch and go if you left it to late , but now flies like a pod and boom BUT not inverted lol

Top Bottom