Micro Blade nano cpx shunt down suddenly

krayon

Hi everyone,

Sometimes when i fly with the nano cpx, the heli shunt down suddenly and fall...
Is not a motor problem because the blue led also turn off...
Have anyone an idea ?
Regards.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
Check all wiring connections not only at the battery, but also the board. There are a couple FET's on that board, look at them through a magnifying glass and see if you can see "sweat" on them. If you can, then you need a new board.

krayon

Hi,
What did you mean with "FET's" and "sweat" ? (Sorry, but i don't speak english very well...)
Now, i have also a loss of power... and the shut down of the heli become more frequent...
Thxs.

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
FET is a Field-effect transistor. It regulates the power to the motors. And what I meant by sweat is look at them closely and see if they look wet or if you can see a crack in them. If you can see either, they are bad. It will look something like the image below, very small and soldered to the main board.

Also, check and make sure your batteries are at a full charge and stay at a full charge.

FETreal.JPG

FETreal.JPG

krayon

Hi
Everythings look allright... is it possible that the problem come from the transmitter (Spectrum Dx4) ? Must i reinitialize them ?
Regards.

Tony

Staff member
It's doubtful. My guess would be a possible bad motor. Worth a shot to replace it. They are not that much.

pvolcko

I had this happening. Turned out to be one too many crashes had done in the control board. No obvious bad solder joints. Just would wig out and drop out of the sky. On powerup it would loose bind and have to be rebound. Sometimes it wouldn't rebind at all.

krayon

Hi,

I have disassemble the nano to check any parts... I'm a novice and i found nothing strange...
I have take some pictures...
Thx.
Regards.
Krayon
img_01.jpgimg_02.jpgimg_03.jpgimg_04.jpg

img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

img_03.jpg

img_04.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I'm going to guess it's the motor. I would just replace it and see what happens. As stated before, they are not that expensive.

krayon

Hi,

Yes maybe i must change the motor but i've changed them 1 week ago... Is it so fragile ???
And what do you think about this "spot" (marked in red)... i have clean up them with benzine and it go away... Is it possible that this spot (i've clean up 2 spots) make a "shortcut" ???
And what do you think about this mark (in yellow rectangle)... is it normally ???
Thx
Regards Krayon
img_05.jpg

img_05.jpg

cml001

Really... What birds? 120sr or mSRX? Mains, tails or both?

- - - Updated - - -

The red circle looks like weird... Is this causing contact between to two?

pvolcko

If you bought it new, give HH a call and see if they'll replace it for you. If you bought it used, you'll probably have to buy a replacement on your own.

How many flights are on it. The brushed motors on these can go bad over time, possibly resulting in a short or very high currentdraw. That may be overloading the board and causing it to come down. Just a possibility. I've heard reports of people only getting 10-20 flights out of these, but I think my motor started to go after 50-75 flights. I was mostly hovering and doing some slow maneuvering around my house with only occasional outdoor sport flying and some tumbles and rolls. I crashed a lot though as it was my "learning" heli from Jan-Mar of 2013. So that is probably what really did in the motor and eventually the board too.

Tail motor is also brushed and they spin much faster so tend to die more quickly. 25-50 flights it probably all you'll get out of one.

Motors are cheap compared to boards, so I'd try replacing them first. IF it still happens then replace the board. Work through HH warranty if possible.

Tony

Staff member
The one in red looks like paint, the one in yellow looks like paper. If you have cleaned them up, adn see no other damage, and you have replaced the motor, then I'm almost out of ideas. The only thing that I can think of is that the board has went out on that bird. As for the motor, they can last anywhere between 15 flights and 200 flights, it just depends on what day of the week it was made.

pvolcko

Sorry, just posted and there were others that did too while I was typing. :)

Red circle is nothing to worry about. Probably some resin they didn't get cleaned totally off. Yellow, no issue. Many companies will scratch chip identifying marks off in order to slow down the cloners and hackers, and also so they know which ones have been flashed with programming before assembly and which have not.

If you just replaced the main motor, what about the tail motor?

Chances are it is not the main motor if you just replaced it in the last week, unless you crashed it and left the throttle up while it sat stalled or something like that.

krayon

Thanks for all this advices.
I will assembly thé nano again and test it... Maybe with the clening te nano will run correctly. If not, i will buy à motor (the least !)... WC will see... But i think that is impossible to obtain anythink from HH support (garantee).
Thx à lot.
Regards.
Krayon

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
The tail motor work perfectly...
Sorry but i don't umderstand what do you mean with "unless you crashed it and left the throttle up while it sat stalled or something like that." Sorry i don't speak very well english... Can you explain me that differently ? :))
Regards.
Krayon

pvolcko

If you crash it and forget to hit throttle hold on the transmitter, or lower the throttle stick, meaning the rotor blades are stuck but you're still telling it to run the motor. If you leave it in that condition for too long it can cause the motor to be damaged or the speed control circuit on the board to get overheated and damaged.

Don't worry about it. Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck! :)

I don't know about horizon hobby support in Switzerland, but here in the US it is pretty good. Among the best in the industry perhaps. You have to wait on hold for a while, but once you get through they are usually pretty helpful and they honor their warranty very well, often offering replacements parts with no need to send the model in for service.

EyeStation

I'm wondering if the lower FET in this picture has physical "Bumps" where I see small circles?
img_05.jpg
I see two dots between the left side and the center terminal.
Drag your finger nail across the surface to see if these are small "Blisters" in the semiconductor package. Should be smooth for the most part, but no bumps at all.

img_05.jpg

Top Bottom