Micro Blade mCP X main rotor issue

bigone5500

Got this heli and am concerned about a bit of binding in the main shaft. You can see in this video that the tail rotor spins and the rotor head wants to go but can't. I have looked at the gear mesh and it looks very tight. I'm thinking that the main gear may be too big by a tooth or so. I have held the heli in my hand with main blades installed and when I give it full throttle it bogs down pretty good. I don't want to burn it up when I fly it so getting it right initially is a must. I don't think the main shaft is bent either. as you can see in the video.

Tony

Staff member
That is normal for that helicopter. The tail always starts before the head. The cogging in the motor is what is causing it.

Tony

Staff member
Here is a video I shot way back in the early days. One month after starting this forum explaining just this issue.

bigone5500

Took a minute today and flew this heli for, yes, a minute. It flew and handled surprisingly well. I will have to get used to the CP stuff though.

Tony

Staff member
It will come. Just make sure to stock up on those little links from the swash to the blade grips. You are going to lose a LOT of them lmao.

bigone5500

Roger that. I got this heli from an ebay member for $50. It had 3 extra sets of main blades, tail motor and blade, main frame, and other stuff. I think he cut me a deal on this. Luckily I had the wire that came with my ares nanos, otherwise I couln't charge it.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, that was one of the issues when it came out, the plug was pretty rare. Now everyone is copying it. Eachine uses this plug on their E010 quads and there are thousands of those out there lol. Hell, I used my mCP-X batteries on that quad for the battery upgrade lmao.

bigone5500

Yea, that was one of the issues when it came out, the plug was pretty rare. Now everyone is copying it. Eachine uses this plug on their E010 quads and there are thousands of those out there lol. Hell, I used my mCP-X batteries on that quad for the battery upgrade lmao.
I would like to find some of these plugs. I don't know what to look for though. I'd like to make some short extensions. Do you know where I can find male and female ends?

Tony

Staff member
I don't. I actually researched them when I was putting the larger battery on the E010 but ended up just cutting off the ends of my balance charger I had for the mcpx batteries. And no, you can't buy that balance charger anymore, I looked lol.

Top Bottom