Micro Blade mCP-X DX6i Settings

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone. I thought that since everyone is getting this great little helicopter, i would post up my settings that I have found to work really well. You will want to change them to suit you, but they have worked great for me.

Please feel free to post up your settings as well if you find that something other than my settings works better. I'm always willing to try new stuff.

These settings below are exactly what I have in my Tx. You will see that most of them are stock. But, I don't like all of the negative pitch when I'm in normal mode, so I tamed that down a lot. Also, you will notice that I went from 70% pitch, to 125%. I may be lowering this down cause the tail wants to blow out really bad now. But, it's worth a shot to try it.

Another thing that I did to my helicopter is I took the links from the servos to the swash and I put 2 full turns out on the links. This raised the swash up giving more positive pitch. Stock settings have a lot of negative pitch, and not enough positive. let me know if these help you out. if not, copy and paste what I have entered and put your own settings in there. Together, we will have the perfect flying Blade mCP-X

Model Type
Heli

Reverse
THRO-N
ELEC-N
GYRO-N
AILE-N
RUDD-N
PITC-R

Swash Type
1 Servo 90

Timer
4:00 basic flying
3:00 Advanced Flying

ADJUST LIST

D/R & Expo
0-AILE 70% 30%
0-ELEV 70% 30%
0-RUDD 100% INH
1-AILE 100% 30%
1-ELEV 100% 30%
1-RUDD 100% INH

Travel Adj
THRO 100%
ELEV 100%
GYRO 100%
AILE 100%
RUDD 100%
PITC 80% (stock is 75%)

Thro Curve
NORM 0% 40% 60% 80% 100%
STUNT 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
HOLD 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Pitc Curve
NORM 45% 47.5% 50% 75% 100%
STUNT 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
HOLD 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%

Tony

Staff member
Post your settings people. I'm thinking about changing some things on mine to tame down that collective so it doesn't blow the tail out so much. Lets see em.....

Lee

I thought i heard you cracked the tail boom?? Extend the tail boom by 1 inch Seems to stop the blow outs.

Tony

Staff member
I watched a number of videos, and if there is an improvement (other than making it tail heavy) it's very slight. Mine is staying stock. And I replaced my tail with a new one.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
NOOB+Mcpx = disaster! Lol

Well, I took out my mcpx today. Just inside the apartment to do some brainless hovering and walking round the apartment. Well, thought of checking the feathering shaft... Guess what.. It was bent.. Lol. Had a spare... Changed it.. I guess about 50 crashes were enough to bend it... Lol... :p ..

Anywhew... Something came to my mind... Did my mcpx settings get changed somehow?? Well, I went ahead and checked everything... Guess what... They were ok.. But my pitch travel adjust was set to 125 perc. I was like no winder this was twitchy as heck and was having twice as many tail blow outs... Lol.. But how did it happen.. I recalled I hadn't reversed the pitch servo before setting the travel adjustment from the manual. My pitch was reversed and the heli wasn't flying right.. I reversed it but forgot to reverse the pitch settings.. Well... the set 75 got reversed to 125... And what did I get... A twitchy as heck heli>>more tail blowouts>>more crashes>>more parts>>less Confidence and fun!! @_@ !! i mean if there is no fun then why even do it??

So this goes to all the noobies out there... No matter how much you think you know.. Check and double check everything.. Don't ASSUME... cause if you do... You make an A** of U and ME ( not really, but someone whos helping you) lol...

Happy flying!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Replying here after quite a while guys... I dicovered by holding the mcpx in my hand and giving it throttle, as soon as I touched 75perc or more throttle, it started to bog.. I was confused... Apart from the fact that I have almost killed my batteries, lol.. i barely get 3.5 minutes of usual flight... but anywaz.. not the point. I thought that I had the settings right... well.. only not so much! haha. I had everything "looking right".. I did not realize until today that while doing the travel adjustments, u have to move the stick to both the extreme positions and set travel percentage for BOTH sides. Like in this heli now, the pitch was supposed to be 75 perc travel. that was 75perc up and 75 perc down. I went through a bunch of forums and now I confirm.. I did not understand it at first, but then when i tried it out on my dx6i.. it made sense... so when you are setting the travel to 75perc move it to both up and down positions and set them both on 75.. I bet "DX6I master" knows this! but a noobie wont.. and hey this site is for a noobie!! so i bet someone will have the same issue and will end up having a EUREKA moment like me.. hahaha..

attached is also a pic. THis is from Helifreak made by another heli nutter there, I did not make it, dont take any credit for it, just for your info, I am passing it on here. Also, as it is said in this pic, that people also set their positive and negative travels to around 67-70 percent for the heli main motor to not bog and have even fewer tail blowouts.. I am going to try it and see it it works... You let me know too.. :)

Happy flying! :)
o8ctiq.jpg

o8ctiq.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I changed the pitch settings in the first post. I had them at 125%, and that is just too much. I had to use a lot of collective today when I flew it, but I never blew the tail out. And yes, that was with the stock tail. After the first crash when the tail broke, I put on the extended tail, and it just felt slow. Then I had dumb thumbs cause by not flying for a while and jumping straight into 3d lol. Pile drove that sucka straight into the ground lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
tony got a freakin DX8.. its pretty awesome! lol I wish! i might be able to may be upgrade to a dx7 soon. but nothing higher.

Good to hear your mcpx is gonna be airborne. I finally gave up on fixing swash plates, and got me a new one.

I actualy also got the "UNBREAKABLE MCPX LANDING GEAR" .. Man those look good! color available is white only.. if someone is interested in it, let me know, i will lead doen the right road. Guy sells them out of canada, makes them himself, and he hammered literally hammerd the landing gear with a hammer in a promotional video he made... , and they survived without pain.

I want a Tarot 450.... I just spent $50 on parts. I want to eat good meals and not sleep on the couch. In a few months.....
Gonna set up my blade 400 good. Every landing on the plastic head almost always breaks something.
I want metal....

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hard landings on a 450 are gonna end up in bent if not broken parts. Lol.
Mcpx is great, just keep it on tall grass and remember the throttle cut switch man! That'll help with any bird! Big or small. ESP with mcpx. There is a reason people dont break this bird. Cause of throttle hold switch! Get into a habit of flipping it when in uncontrollable trouble.. Save a lot of parts...

And yes I do have a tarot ;)

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I purchased the DX8, just waiting on it to arrive. Then we will start having some fun. Had some fun with the new owner of my DX6i and his mcpx tonight though. Took it up, flew it around a bit, tried some inverted but didn't have enough pitch, hit the ground, I gave the Tx to him lmao. It was a great time, and first time I have flown anything in a while. And you could tell hahaha

bigbuck10

Well I bought the Mcpx today just had to do it after watching all the vids on it. I'm sure the one I got wont do what I've seen the ones in the vids do lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
which videos did you see? Believe it or not.. stock can do a lot of things, just have to learn to manage the sticks and hear the motor when its bogging. Its good stock if you are starting out! you will love it! :)

bigbuck10

Yeah it looks fun. Seen one vid where he was inverted and touching gym floor with the blades maybe I will try that in a few years lmao

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's a great helicopter. Mine with teh brushless motor scared the crap out of me when I flipped it for the first time. Came right at me haha. But, it has power and I love it. You will love it as well.

yardner

Coolgabsi,

Hey! Read read your post few days back and I had my Dx6i set wrong, or not set right 75 up / 75 down.
SO, Thanks for the heads up !!!! its all good now.

yardner
midlothian, TX

Hey Guys,
Are these settings for the many earlier mCPX versions? Would they be good for the mCPX "BL" model also, which is what I have? I noticed my "stock" manual settings differed slightly...remember I'm just a "Newbie"!

Thank you for your time,

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
these settings, when I posted them were for the V1 MCPX.. the first ever. BL can have a little different throttle curve. I would definitely start off at what the manual says.. Then, after that, change them, and see what feels better. Like if you dont have enough punch at 75 percent pitch travel both ways, and you are zero degrees pitch at mid stick, you could increase the pitch by 5 percent and see how it feels.. etc etc. These settings I have here, are something I played around with and came up with back when I used to have that bird :))

Top Bottom