Micro Blade Length

I am at a loss new to hobby and so much in aftermarket parts. Will an excess of 1/2 an inch in length make a noticeable difference in flight and control? I should add Micro helicopter just needing input.

the clearance is there the 1/2 is a lot. plenty of clearance on the tail; I`ll test it main concern if or at all if anyone knows of it affecting flight. And thank you Tony

murankar

Staff member
It might be to much. Disk loading is the issue. If you have to much lift then the model wont want to come down and just crash. Its a fine line between light and heavy disk loading.

A .5 inch is about 12.7mm, which means 25.4 mm extra in the disk size. Try it and see what happens.

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to the correct section. Didn't even realize it was in the lounge lol.

Tony

Staff member
It's no problem. I just like to make a post saying that I moved the thread so you get an alert and can find the thread easier. Quite a few people just go into the different sections rather than using New Posts, I just try to make things easier. So no worries. It happens, even to me lol.

Top Bottom