Quad Blade inductrix

murankar

Staff member
I took the plunge. I got a blade inductrix to try out. I still don't have a monitor or goggels.

So my issue is a wobble while decending rapidly from altitude. This quad uses betaflight. Still on stock settings.IMG_20170710_165941.jpg

Smoggie

In my limited experience of multirotors I've found the 'wobble' while descending very common if not universal. It's caused by the rotors descending into their own prop wash. In helis it's called 'Vortex Ring State', in real helis is very dangerous and has caused many fatal crashes, in RC helis it's not usually so bad because they have enough surplus of power to 'punch out'. Multi rotor props also have enough power to 'punch out' of VRS but as they do you get the wobble.

The only 'solution' i found is not to descend quickly and/or steeply. You either descend while flying forward (thus leaving the prop wash trailing behind), or you descent very slowly. You may be able to reduce the effect slightly by tweaking the flight controller settings, but you arent going to get rid of it because it's an aerodynamic phenomena which electronics cant prevent.

Tony

Staff member
As Steve stated, this is very common with quads. There is a way to tune "most" of it out though. Fly it and adjust your P gain until you get an oscillation then back it down until it stops. Do the same thing for I. D is the setting that will stop it if I remember correctly. But you can tune most of it out but you will be flying and landing a LOT

murankar

Staff member
Right now I am flying as much as I can with only one pack. This thing is solid for a micro. This is the first micro that is fun to fly.

Top Bottom