Blade damage and vibration

treff

Would this must damage on the end of the blades cause lots of vibration (see Vibration resent video) ? Many thanks for replies and suggestionsDamage.jpg

Damage.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Have you weighed the blades? If they are more than a couple grams from each other, they could cause a vibration. Watch my "How to balance blades" video and check them out. Make sure to check out the CoG as well, it's just as important as the weight.

How To Balance Blades Properly - YouTube

treff

Thanks Tony. I have changed out the blades for some Align ones and will give it a run up tomorrow. Thanks again.

rchelipilot

Any little tear in that plastic coating has always caused problems for me. At high rpm it lifts away from the surface of the blade and can cause vibration.

treff

Thanks rchelipilot good info. I need to do some tender repairs being a tight old bugger short on cash I did not want to throw then away. Could always cut then down to a 300 or 130 LOL. Cheers

Ken Jackson

Don't know what size blades your talking about but the last 2 pairs of Align 325's I bought both were not balanced out of the package. I thought my main shaft had to be bent.

Ken

Top Bottom