600 Blade 550x question

concept30

Hey Guys, I built a Blade 550x, i still have alot to get to be able to get it in the air but I was wondering if I can get a 600 size scale body for it and would it fit or do i have to get a 500 scale body? Thanks! oh and i wanna get the BO-105 Red Bull Body for it from Scaleflying.com

pvolcko

It is closer to a 600 size in terms of canopy, frame, skids, etc. Depending on the scale kit it may rely on the tail boom of the original kit or not. If it does, then you may find that the 550X's tail boom length is a bit short, meaning you'd have to get some 600X parts for it to stretch it out.

pvolcko

Looks like they designed that 600 kit for the Chaos 600 heli frame. It includes a flexi-torque-tube so you won't have issues there, but the mounting to the front and rear tail blocks may not be the same as in the kit it was designed for, so you may have some modifications to get it all to fit and work properly.

And it's possible you won't be able to get it to work at all. Take a look at the manual for the scale kit and see if it looks like it might work. Also give the RC Aerodyne guys an email or call to see if they know of anyone that's tried to use the guts of a 550X for a scale build. I've met a couple of the people there and they're good folks and will probably get back to you pretty quickly.

Tony

Staff member
The 600 is a shortened 600. Just put on a longer boom from a 600 along with the 600 TT shaft and so on, and you can use anything 600 on it. 500 won't fit though .

Top Bottom