450 Blade 450x Help Needed

Borderlord

Hi All
New to the forum, but not to helicopters. Got too many to list.
First of all, hi Tony, thanks for the welcome message.
You might be the man to answer my question.
Looking at your vid for setting up the AR7200. I am looking at the cyclic pitch setting.
Both the manual and your vid say to set this pitch with the blade along the boom, and using the aileron stick.
Could you do the same thing but with the blade across the frame and using the elevator stick?
On a more general note, does anyone know if the supplied esc has a soft start?
Thanks
Jeff (borderlord)

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can definitely do it with the blades perpendicular to the tail boom and with the aileron stick. The reason most do it with the blades parallel with the boom is because the helicopter is more stable side to side than it is front to back when sitting on the table. Just make sure you level out your pitch gauge on the tail boom (only real thing that is horizontal to calibrate on. It should be perfectly 90º from the main shaft).

As for soft start, yes, that helicopter has a soft start feature, but you may be applying throttle too soon. It needs to see a low throttle signal for more than 10 seconds (15 seconds to be safe) before you move the throttle stick or throttle hold switch (if starting in IU1). If you do not wait that long, it will be in the fast spool mode, or fast start. This is so if you hit the throttle hold when you didn't mean to or you need to bail out of an auto-rotation, it will spool up as fast as it can to save the helicopter. After you land or initialize the helicopter, wait 15 seconds and spool up again and you should have a soft start.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Where are my manners!!! lol. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome1:

Borderlord

Yes, you can definitely do it with the blades perpendicular to the tail boom and with the aileron stick. The reason most do it with the blades parallel with the boom is because the helicopter is more stable side to side than it is front to back when sitting on the table. Just make sure you level out your pitch gauge on the tail boom (only real thing that is horizontal to calibrate on. It should be perfectly 90º from the main shaft).

As for soft start, yes, that helicopter has a soft start feature, but you may be applying throttle too soon. It needs to see a low throttle signal for more than 10 seconds (15 seconds to be safe) before you move the throttle stick or throttle hold switch (if starting in IU1). If you do not wait that long, it will be in the fast spool mode, or fast start. This is so if you hit the throttle hold when you didn't mean to or you need to bail out of an auto-rotation, it will spool up as fast as it can to save the helicopter. After you land or initialize the helicopter, wait 15 seconds and spool up again and you should have a soft start.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Where are my manners!!! lol. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome1:
Hi Tony
Thanks for the quick reply, good to know. I'm repairing this model for a friend, myself I'm a FrSky/Kbar man, so I know very little about Spektrum or BeastX.
Might well be other questions to come.
Jeff

Top Bottom