450 Blade 450x, DX9, and the AR7200BX

A bit of background information on myself I've been flying helicopters or at least started flying RC helicopters back in 1999 my first helicopter was a hirobo shuttle 30 size helicopter which is where I learned the basics of orientation for hovering forward flight fast forward flight. I took a break since then and now I'm starting to get back into the helicopter scene and so much has changed recently I bought what is listed in the title. I managed to stumble across the youtube AR7200BX setup video on youtube for the receiver / gyro and it's helped out tremendously. Basically I wanted to know if there were any other videos or tutorials on how to setup the server through setting up the tale and setting up the head that will completely walk me through it step-by-step since my knowledge has dated.

I also need to mention that the helicopter was previously set up with an older Spektrum radio and it hovered and flew fine so I know that everything is balanced and trimmed out I just need to know how to set it up with the dx9

trainrider06

Hi Planetgetlow! Welcome to RCH!
Thank you for the background about your experience also that's always good to know when trying to help out.
So what you are saying is the heli was previously set up with the AR7200BX, except with a different radio? Something like a DX6i?
Myself I would just go back through the setup after binding the DX9 to it using a new model linear throttle pitch curves etc.
Then just go back through as if your setting it up from new. The setup of the AR7200BX is really fairly easy once you do it. You'll also have a good baseline on your tail and cyclic's with your particular radio.
Hope this helps!

Hi Planetgetlow! Welcome to RCH!
Thank you for the background about your experience also that's always good to know when trying to help out.
So what you are saying is the heli was previously set up with the AR7200BX, except with a different radio? Something like a DX6i?
Myself I would just go back through the setup after binding the DX9 to it using a new model linear throttle pitch curves etc.
Then just go back through as if your setting it up from new. The setup of the AR7200BX is really fairly easy once you do it. You'll also have a good baseline on your tail and cyclic's with your particular radio.
Hope this helps!

Yes that is exactly what it was set up with. So you're saying I should just follow the receiver manual and step through each procedure and that will correctly set up the helicopter?

Then after the receiver is setup do I go into my radio and set up the pitch and throttle curves how about mixing is all of that disabled?

trainrider06

Yes sir! Exactly! Just be sure to start with a new model in your radio, make sure your throttle/pitch curves are all linear.
Then do the setup procedures on the AR7200. After that you can change things like throttle pitch curves to your liking as well enable the gyro in the radio and set gains there.

Thanks for the reply, helped a ton and setting it up was not hard. I have 1 issue i cannot figure out. When i set the pitch ranges 6 and 6, the led is blue as it should be but when i finish setup, shut it down and power it up im getting -12 pitch at low stick and 0 at 1/2 stick. I went through it twice, what am missing?

trainrider06

Ok what is Positive pitch reading? And what pitch are you looking to have? Since your at -12 and 0 at mid stick then you should have +12 on the positive side. Depending on what pitch you want, this is adjusted in menu K I believe....you can click through on the setup and go over to menu K without messing with any of the other settings, just adjust your pos/neg pitch to your desired range you seek, then just click through until your back out of setup.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok what is Positive pitch reading? And what pitch are you looking to have? Since your at -12 and 0 at mid stick then you should have +12 on the positive side. Depending on what pitch you want, this is adjusted in menu K I believe....you can click through on the setup and go over to menu K without messing with any of the other settings, just adjust your pos/neg pitch to your desired range you seek, then just click through until your back out of setup.

Yup, Letter I is the 6 degree with the blue light special and letter K is like Rodney said, you can set your +/- pitch that you like. I have all three helis @ -12.6/+12.6 on pitch. That's just me.

trainrider06

Thanks for the backup Ivan, it's been a while since I set one up and was pretty sure it was K for pitch adjustments, but thanks for the confirmation! :)

Tony

Staff member
The 6º pitch setup is for the cyclic and so the gyro knows where 6º of pitch is. It has nothing to do with collective and as stated, you will set that in another menu. If you are new, I would start with 10º-11º of pitch. 12 can be a bit much for a new pilot and will make the helicopter bob up and down.

The 6º pitch setup is for the cyclic and so the gyro knows where 6º of pitch is. It has nothing to do with collective and as stated, you will set that in another menu. If you are new, I would start with 10º-11º of pitch. 12 can be a bit much for a new pilot and will make the helicopter bob up and down.

I went through K again and it's acting just like it did before a half a stick it's got approximately 10 degrees of negative pitch a full stick it's got approximately 10 degrees of positive pitch half a stick of 0. What menu do I set the actual pitch for normal mode and stunt one

Tony

Staff member
Can you read that and tell me if you messed up? You have half stick in there twice in your post and once was negative 10 degrees of pitch, the second time, you just put "0". Just want to make sure we are clear on your pitch.

Okay, i tbink i figured it out. I just had to add some pitch on the pitch curve at the lowest point.

2 new questions

The cyclic movement is too responsive, how do i slow it down? Do i turn down #2 on the receiver?

How do i adjust head speed, seems a bit too high

Thanks for all the help fellas

Top Bottom