General Blade 450

MrHatch

Hey there to all.
I have a Blade 450 that is not long out of the box.
I am wondering, if I am in an enclosed area with NO wind, should by Blade be lifting straight up off the ground without altering my sticks, or will adjustments need to be made as soon as I begin raising the throttle?

Tony

Staff member
All helicopters with a tail blade will push to the left or right. The blade, and Align's will all drift to the left on takeoff. If you look closely in the air, it will always lean to the right in a stable hover. So just remember to put a little right cyclic when you are taking off. Good luck.

MrHatch

Cheers mate, thanks for your reply.
So...I throttle up to the point where the heli is getting VERY light, then give it that little more to actually get the training gear off the ground and the heli wants to flip over to the right.
If I were to keep the throttle there, the bird would be on its rotors in a heartbeat. Is this normal? Should there be much stick input to raise the heli off the ground indoors?

murankar

Staff member
It sounds to me that it might need trimmed to the left. On the controller right under the left stick there should be a slider or push button. Slide it to the left a couple clicks/peeps and try again. It should lift straight up, any tipping will need trimmed out by that button/slider.

Tony

Staff member
Training gear will exaggerate the drift, but if it's wanting to flip over to the right, it's a cyclic issue. Look at your swash plate and make sure it's level, or 90* to the main shaft from every angle.

Lee

As Tony said swash plate should be level. Also check you CofG is good. Hold the flybar with two fingers close to the rotor head. First at 90 to the heli. This will give you the balance fore and aft. Then inline with the heli. This will give you the balance side to side. If the heli tips in any direction will doing this, its not balanced and could cause the heli to tip. Just one more thing to check :D

MrHatch

Thanks for your tips guys! As soon as I put bub to bed, the Blade will fly!! Well at least I'll try !@#$

zapster

make sure you have the battery in it and the canopy on for proper CG Testing,just in case he didnt know Lee and Tony.

Top Bottom