General Blade 450 settings

Richyrich

Hi, I'm new to helicopters and just feeling my way around. After my first flight I had to make a few repairs to the head etc. however, it's now time to set the head up after losing one of the links. I saw tony setting the links by measuring them. Does anybody know the lengths of these links. Any help much appreciated!

danhampson

ive had a look at the manual, and it pretty rubbish, all i can think of at the moment is to remove one of the ball links, hold the blade grip as near to 0° pitch as you can @ mid stick, and measure in between the swash plate ball screw (center of the fixing) and the main blade grip ball (center of the fixing) and that will give you a good starting point (make the centre of the links the same size as the distance in between the centre of both screws/ fixings).
when youve done that let us know

Last edited:

rchelipilot

I can give you the lengths of my links but, they probably wont match yours. There are too many variables involved. Like the transmitter you are using, and the position of your swash-plate on the main shaft, which can vary by several mm. We can get you close but you really need a pitch gauge to get it right. Even 1 mm too long or short on any of the links can cause problems.
Here are my links.
Servo to swash are 43, 50, 54 mm.
Swash to blade grip are 64 mm

Tony

Staff member
Getting a pitch gauge is a MUST with any CCPM helicopter. If you don't have one, please do yourself a favor and get one. You can't properly setup a CP head without one.

murankar

Staff member
You could do it, but its easier to use a pitch gauge.

In case you were wanting to know, you would need a protractor, poster board and scissors. Use the protractor to make a triangle with a 10° angle.

You know what get a pitch gauge. It will be to easy once you get one.

Richyrich

It's a flybar

- - - Updated - - -

It's a flybar and its the link to the front of the plate. It was lost in its first crash

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Getting a pitch gauge is a MUST with any CCPM helicopter. If you don't have one, please do yourself a favor and get one. You can't properly setup a CP head without one.

Thanks for telling me why I need one tony... I didn't even have a pitch gauge when i set up my 500...lol!

rchelipilot

Rich, the front link on mine is 50mm. That should get you close. Than just level your swash to get the length right on.

Top Bottom