General Blade 450 flybar balancing

Hi
Having been away from the helicopter scene for quite a while (about 15 years)I have bitten the bullet & purchased a Blade 450 what a brilliant model.
I have owned a Schluter Helibaby & Heliboy (think I am showing my age now).
I have not had any experience with computer radios before as you are aware the Blade 400 comes with Dx6i computer radio.
In the Blade 400 manual there are setting for intermediate & advanced flyers.
Can anyone help me with a full list for novice flyer, namely a full adjust list for myself for easy hovering & control of the 450?
Namely d/r & expo’s, throttle curves & pitch curves.
Cheers
Barry

Tony

Staff member
I would start out with the stock settings that are geared towards beginners, or intermediate flyers. They will be the most stable, although there is nothing stable abotu a collective pitch helicopter. It's like trying to balance a marble on a sheet of glass.

In my videos, pay attention to the DR and Expo settings, cause you will want to use them to help with hovering. Just let us know if you have any other questions, we are all here to help you. and I know that I have not been on here much lately, but I hope to change that here soon.

Flyguy

I was not sure if your request was completely answered, but here are a few suggestions I used when first starting out which tamed and worked for me. Assuming your B400 heli is set up correctly.

Normal flight mode position "0" Throttle curves : Hovering L= 0% 2 = 25% 3 = 55% 4 = 70% H = 70% You don't need all that power when first learning.
Stunt flight mode position "1" " " Circuits L = 0% 2 = 25% 3 = 55% 4 = 75% H = 85%

Normal Pitch Curves Position "0" hovering L = 50% 2 = 55% 3 = 60% 4 = 65% H = 70% Range is +3 to + 7 degrees of pitch..check with pitch gauage.
Stunt mode Pitch curves Position "1" : Circuits L = 30% 2 = 42% 3 = 55% 4 = 70% H = 80% Range is 0 to + 9 degress of pitch " " " "

Dual Rate & Expo: Position "1" Aileron = 55% expo INH to get feel of stich sensitivity but if prefered use 15% Expo
Elevator = 45% expo INH Ditto
Rudder = 45% expo INH Ditto

Position "0" Aileron =80% Expo +20%
Elevator = 75% Expo +20%
Rudder = 70% Expo + 15%

Hope this helps get you started ok.

Terry

Top Bottom