450 blade 450 3d

Tony

Staff member
I have to ask a few questions first, one big one. Has he ever flown a helicopter before? If the answer is no, then the blade 450, exi 450, HK 450, are all bad ideas for a "beginner" helicopter. These helicopters are very hard to fly, just ask my admin on here Paulster2 lol.

I would suggest a fixed pitch for a first helicopter. Something like the HoneyBee. They don't like the wind much, but they are very stable

Now, if you guys are dead set on getting a collective pitch helicopter, I would want to go with a T-Rex clone. You can get all kinds of parts for them just about anywhere. But, I don't know much about the Blade 450. I know the mSR and mCP-X are great helicopters, just a little over priced.

I hope I have givn you something to think about. Flying a CCPM helicopter is like writing cursive with both hands at the same time. And it takes a long time to pick it up for some. The key is to never give up. The quote in my signature says it all.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have looked at them at the Toledo RC show. Also I have seen countless videos on them. I have considered buying one myself. But, like Tony said not for A beginner piolet. I started out on A blade SR120. It took me A few flying sessions to get the hang of it. So if your kid is just beginning to fly buy A beginner heli! Sam.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I would highly recomend you buy a 450 clone like Tony said. That heli is super expensive and has a ton of plastic parts on it. i built a full metal and carbon fibre 450 clone for only 120 bucks!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
+1 on that... i started out this january.. and had a honeybee fixed pitch v2.. believe me that was intimidating by itself.. It was hard for me then. And i crashed numerous times. But i tell you this, anything you buy you wanna consider parst availablitiy in your area.. And i can assure you that you might find 1 out of 10 hobbyshops keeping an ESKY part , and you will find 9 out of 10 people having eflite and Align parts. So.. the verdict from mymside.. get a blade SR 120.. if you wanna go something bigger than the msr.. or if not.. go with the blade mSR.. its a mighty heli.. looks small but man is it noob friendly... I love it.. have three ccpm's now.. but sometimes, i go back to it just to get some orientations down... Your kid will love the msr.. if not msr's big brother blade120sr.. DONT RECOMMEND any ccpm for the beginner. if you do wanna go for it, go for the trex clones.. they are CHEAP!

Top Bottom