450 Blade 450 3D Tail Boom Case

Derek

So, Im working on fixing Dustin's Blade 450 3D and I was working on the tail today. I pull the tail case off the tail boom and I notice that there aren't any little tabs on the inside of the case. I thought that was odd. Even more odd, Dustin tells me that he has a metal tail case and there aren't any tabs on the inside of it, either.

What is it that keeps the tail case from rotating on the tail boom? Is it just friction fit???

Graham Lawrie

On my ProV2 there is the normal locating groove and slot, but you do get modification ones that just work on the clamping effect of the 4 frame bolts on the front umberella gear holder.:)

Derek

I'm actually referring to the other end of the tail boom. The end of the tail boom where the tail rotor case connects to the tail boom. There are two holes, one on both sides, of the boom but there are no "locator" tabs on the inside of the tail rotor case.

Is that normal?

Derek

I just spoke with one of my Youtube buddies and he said that Blade helicopters may not have that little tab on the inside of the tail rotor case. However, I did post a short video on Youtube about this issue and I got a reply from one of my subscribers and he said that his Blade 450X has those "locator" tabs on the inside of the tail rotor case.

Now, I'm just confused. I did speak with my LHS today and they ordered a new case for me. If that case has the locator tabs, I'll buy it.

on my blade it had 2 holes in the boom for mounting the tail assembly..

you can download the exploded view of the heli from here

i never had to take mine off unfortunately Derek

This is a picture of inside my tail assembly, you can just see a little tab that fits in the holes of the boom...the tail assembly then clamps to the boom with the 2 bolts.

image.jpg

Holes in tail boom

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Derek

Yes! That's exactly what I was talking about! Thank you, Tony! I was certain that there were suppose to be those little tabs on the inside of the case. If those tabs aren't there, there would be nothing to keep the tail rotor case in place. That's probably the MAIN reason why Dustin was never able to keep tension on his tail belt....because the tail rotor case would slide forward.

As I mentioned in a post earlier, I did call the LHS and they have ordered me a new tail rotor case. Hopefully it will have those little tabs.

I appreciate your time, Tony! Thanks!

Derek

Your pictures definitely verified the cause. So, the new thrust bearings should be at the LHS today and the new tail case should be in by Friday. Very very cool!!!

It is odd though, Dustin commented yesterday that he has a metal tail case for this helicopter and it doesn't have those inner tabs either. It's curious, dont ya think???

Your pictures definitely verified the cause. So, the new thrust bearings should be at the LHS today and the new tail case should be in by Friday. Very very cool!!!

It is odd though, Dustin commented yesterday that he has a metal tail case for this helicopter and it doesn't have those inner tabs either. It's curious, dont ya think???

very curious Derek. maybe its not an Eflite part. if you look at the exploded view in that manual you can definitely see the tab on the case. its item number 51...

concept30

The Metal tail case for my Blade 450 3D doesnt have these tabs inside the case, it does have two bolting clamps to hold the tai case on the boom. Thanks for helping Tony

Top Bottom