450 Blade 400 head setup

edlaue

New to helis but have been taking in RC-Help Youtube videos that have been very helpful.

Situation:
Blade 400 in good shape
Transmitter: DXi6

I am confused about the issue of +10 and -10. I setup of the head by following the videos on YouTube, the servos are working together, gyro is working, the Swash is level as are the washout arms and fly bar cage.
I have a digital pitch gage and am poor on this part of the setup. I do not have a way to lock in the fly bar.
What locking device is used if there is a fly bar?
Do I have to see a full +10/-10? If so, only get up to approximate +8/-8. How do I adjust higher if needed?

murankar

Staff member
You can make one with a small piece of wood and some nuts and bolts. Fund the his tos on YouTube.

As for the +-10° of pitch. Thus will be done while in id1 on the f-mode switch. You will want to unplug two of the motor wires from the ESC. Make sure you have a pitch curve for id1 that is 0 25 50 75 100. The +-10° is where you should be when you give full stick input. Positive pitch is when the stick is moved forward and negative pitch is when the stick is moved all the way back. You should have 0° pitch at the mid point of stick travel.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

edlaue

Thanks for the info. I guess I am to new to understand what to adjust to get to the +-10. Is this a radio adjustment or a mechanical adjustment? I have the pitch curve set as suggested but the pitch does not reach +10 or -10.

murankar

Staff member
On the dx6I it should under swash mix. Look for the pitch item on that list. The Higher that number the high the greater the pitch. So you will want to spin your roller until you get +10°. As for the negative you will check it and if the number is not the same as positive then your swash is not centered up and down on the main shaft.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom