250 Blade 300X won't Hover

Marvin43

My 300X when it lifts off it goes left. If I get up in the air and try to correct it it snaps to the right. I've checked the swash and leveled it. Thank you for any HELP.

cml001

When u say it goes left... Abruptly or just drifts... Most will drift a bit on talkoff... Double check the swash.. And servo travel... Is the travel even and smooth? What fbl unit r u using?

pvolcko

Normally when I get strong banking upon lift off it means there is a vibration throwing off the fbl sensors. It can also mean that a servo or two are stripped or are missing a tooth or two.

murankar

Staff member
To check for vibes take off the main blades and tail blades. Secure the heli to a solid surface and spool it up. Let it reach a decent head speed and touch (keep clear of moving parts) the area where the gyro is mounted. See how strong the vibes are if they are strong then you have to fix something, if not then you should be good to go.

Thats how I was checking my protos mini when I switched over to fbl. My gyro realy super hates vibes and I had to make sure my vibes were to a minimum.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
300X is notorious for that right out of the box and yes its definitely vibrations. I had that when i was settings one of thos up for my friend. One thing he did was to work around (not solve) was to run a slower head speed... it seemed to get worse with head speed.

as far as the vibrations. I created a thread a while back and there were some suggestions thrown around.. see if you can find that. I was told to loosen the screws holding your tail box together. loosen them half a turn

check your main shaft.. and stuff. your gear mesh.. see what you find on the bench first.

Vmoon

I am having the same problem with my blade 300x. I just posted my problem land all the things I replaced, checked and adjusted and the thing still .......abruptly jumps to the left at kid stick and when I try to correct it, it abruptly jumps hard right. It looks like we're in the same boat and trying to find the answers.

EyeStation

While flying my 300x recently, i tried to up the throttle curve to 75% at mid stick and 80% at the high point. The cyclic reactions became violent.
I had to tone it down to 60% at mid and 67.5% at the hi point. Also set my D/R & Expo to 65%, +35% for Ail and Ele. 75%, +15% for Rudder.
Not as smooth as my 130x is yet, but very learn-able.

pvolcko

The 300x esc has a pseudo governor mode above around 70 on throttle. There will be an abrupt head speed change when you enter the zone which will change cyclic response too.

Top Bottom