250 Blade 300CFX help needed

Zooker

New to the site for help with my 300CFX - recently replaced a bunch of parts, stock servos with Hitec mg-5055's and a Spektrum 3020 for the tail and I am having trouble with getting it back into the air - some setting issues (reversing and servo direction) I am searching for help with. Still working with the stock ESC and AR7200BX Gyro. Hope to figure out the issue soon.

I reset the 7200 gyro to its factory defaults which are the 300CFX's settings (I did not update the gyro) and downloaded the TX settings for the 300CFX from the Blade site - both are set - but when I try to give it elevator it maxes out and wont lift instead reversed and pushes down. My forward is back and back is forward - right left and left right are backwards.

I tried messing with the reversing and changing the parameter's within the menu of the gyro - no luck in finding the right combination.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the following reply.....

"Menu I in the manual is where you set your servo directions. If you reset the gyro, you must go through all setup processes and set everything up again.
Welcome to the forum. We will do all we can to get you back in the air. I have been wanting one of these helicopters for quite some."

Per the user manual of the 300CFX which lists factory default settings for the included AR7200BX..." The AR7200BX included with your Blade 300CFX helicopter is pre-programmed with these default settings. If you perform a factory reset on the included AR7200BX, it will default back to these Helicopter setting."

However, I did try to go through the menu using both the AR's Manual and RC-Helps YouTube video to both a new model and 300CFX TX settings. - I bound to a new model, went through the menu then bound it to the 300CFX settings - because per the manual Letter I - up/down /left/right is done in the TX setting and was not important....not sure what I am missing.

Smoggie

Might you need to swap the aileron and pitch servos (left and right cyclic) where they plug into the AR7200?

trainrider06

In the first part you stated "I reset the 7200 gyro to its factory defaults which are the 300CFX's settings"
When you do a reset you still need to program the receiver. Did you reset it and not program and set it up???

Smoggie

I think the problem was probably that many setup features may be locked out on the version of the FBL controller that comes with the 300CFX, servo reversing for instance might not be available. If the Hitex servos were reverse rotation compared to the stock ones then that may have not been possible to 'fix' in the FBL setup like you normally would do.. hence the programmer to reverse servo direction.

trainrider06

Ah I see, but I didn't even know they did that...have never even heard of that. But I suppose it's possible, so what would his "fix" be? A different FBL controller? Servo's? How would one know that particular unit is specific to the 300?

Smoggie

To be honest I'm not sure on the 300CFX but I know that the AR7210 on the 270CFX comes with pre-set and locked programming specific to the 270CFX. The reason they do this is to be able to sell the 270CFX relatively cheaply compared to the normal price of the AR7210 with SAFE.

I'm guessing by what Zooker is saying that maybe they do the same trick with the 300CFX, otherwise he could have just reversed the servos in the FBL programming rather than have to buy a digital servo programming box.

Top Bottom