General Blade 270 Cfx Upgrade...???

bigone5500

I am going to get the parts to fix my 270 CFX and started thinking that if it's possible, and the parts are available, why not upgrade the heli to a 300 size? Does anyone think that would be a bad idea?

Tony

Staff member
30mm shouldn't cause too much stress on the electronics. The main one being the motor then the servos. If you decide to do this, just check the temps after a flight. If they are too hot, you know you need to start replacing electronics and making it more powerful lmao. Oh the evil circle of Rc!!!

bigone5500

I decided not to modify this heli. I ordered the parts I needed from amazon and all have arrived. However, I had to send my servos back due to them being some hideous joke. It was like buying a heli and it not coming with a canopy or screws. I'll order them from my local HobbyTown.

As soon as I get the servos, I'll start rebuilding this heli and get it back into the air. At which point, I'll fly it in a larger area and at a much higher altitude so I can have some room for error. AND I WON'T FORGET THE BAILOUT SWITCH!!!!!

ssschmidt4

I have spent a great deal of time getting to know the 270cfx! A great heli indeed! However, the stock servos started to flutter on me and the tail servo aquired lots of slop! I put KST 215mg all the way around along with using the Pulse 1050.

Here is mine with the kst servos, pulse 1050 batts and switch tail blades!

Goodluck!

bigone5500

Nice flying! You state on your youtube comment that you use an unlocked AR7210BX. What does that mean?

ssschmidt4

The Ar7210bx that comes with the 270cfx has locked firmware installed in it. There are certain setup menus that are not accessible but you get Rescue with the package. I used the SPMA3030 usb and upgraded the unit to 4.2 firmware which makes it like a “normal off the shelf unit”. By doing this I can access any setup/parameter menu and adjust all I want, and if I wanted the Rescue feature I would have to pay an additional 100 bucks to get it back! Anyways, the reason I did it was I was having tail kicks on hard pitch inputs and I could not access the tail comp adjustment! Now I can adjust all I want and my tail is rock solid!

bigone5500

Got my servos mounted but I screwed up and mounted my Rx and forgot to route the two new servo wires under it. Now I got to rip it back off and try again.

Mounted.
1517193068207912810167.jpg

Where the wires go.
1517193127475486069851.jpg

Top Bottom