250 Blade 230 Panic Switch Recovery

Anybody know how to change the panic mode from the Bind button to a different switch. I am using a DX9 and would like to assign it to the longer switch above the Flight Mode switch. Its just like the throttle hold switch but on the other side

Smoggie

I dont have a Blade 230 so I dont know precisely how they activate 'panic' but it must either be by a dedicated channel or by using a mix.

Assuming it's a channel: Go into System Settings > Channel Sources. One of the channels (I'm not sure which) will be assigned to the bind button (switch I) so just change the assignment from 'switch I' to the switch you want to use (switch A).

This should work as long as they aren't using some funky mix to activate panic.. If you dont find 'switch I' allocated to any channel come back and say and we can go to 'plan B'.

There is a slight problem with using a switch; All the switches on the DX9 are regular toggle switches that stay in position. This means that if the switch gets knocked you might accidentally power up the heli with panic engaged. This is why they used the spring return push button. I got around this by replacing that same switch with a spring return 'momentary' switch.. it's a pretty easy swap.

garyv 440

I'am curious... when you changed the "I " button to a different switch for panic mode....what switch did you move it to ?.....I assume it was a 2 position switch.....and how is the new switch working out for you?....

Top Bottom