250 Blade 230 main motor

Hi All.
I have a blade 230s that I brought from someone. The stock motor will run perfectly when not connected to the main gear, but when it's connected up to the gear and the blades are on ( or thus a load on the motor) the motor shudders and won't spool up and gets super hot..any suggestions and solutions.
Ta

Admiral

With the motor disconnected can you turn the main gear by hand, if not check for damaged gears, pinion or bearings, if you can turn it easily, replace the motor.

With the motor disconnected can you turn the main gear by hand, if not check for damaged gears, pinion or bearings, if you can turn it easily, replace the motor.
Thanks Admiral.
Yes you right, the motor spins way to freely, can those small magnets be remagnetised or just chuck it out.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You can't go wrong with a new motor. Just think how long that old motor lasted you before it went bad.

RandyDSok

Thanks Admiral.
Yes you right, the motor spins way to freely, can those small magnets be remagnetised or just chuck it out.

I'm not saying your motor is good or bad.... but I think you misunderstood what Admiral was suggesting you test...

He was suggesting you test the driveline for binding with the motor disconnected... not the motor itself. The driveline is the rotor ( and rotor head ) all the way through the main drive gear that the motor turns ( minus the motor ). If there is something binding in the driveline, the motor may not be able to overcome it and may act the way you were describing.

On the other hand, having spare parts ( like a motor and others such as rotor blades, landing gear etc ) is always a good idea.

Top Bottom