General Blade 180 CFX and DX9

wtowns

Hi! All
I have been flying the 130x for a year or so now and am quite comfortable with it...so thought I would upgrade to the 180 cfx, I use a DX9 transmitter. I am finding that in normal mode the tail "fish tails" quite badly, it's not so bad in idle up 1, haven't tried idle up 2 yet and I am finding some of the manual instructions a bit confusing. I need to tame the heli down quite a lot till I get used to it. So if anyone is flying one with the DX9 and it is flying stable and quite tame, could you please post your settings. A video of the exact settings would be great.
Cheers
Warren

murankar

Staff member
A lit if the taming down will be handled by dual rates and expo. Dual rates will limit servo travel and expo will make the sticks feel more "mushy" or soft in the center. Maybe try 75 for d/r and 35 for expo and see how it handles. If its to lethargic then raise d/r and lower expo by points/percent. Head speed will make the heli feel twitchy also. Higher head speed will make it more responsive.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Admiral

I have one a 180 CFX and it is rock solid on the DX9 I can send you the SPM file if you like.

wtowns

That would be great Admiral if you can send a good SPM file...I tried the one from spectrum but it was off...it had like -100 on the gyro in normal position which gave me fierce fish tail in that mode...I look forward to getting your settings.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Keith, you can upload .spm files right to the forum. Just click advanced on the reply box and select upload file, or you may have to use the "Manage Attachments" dialog. Either way, you can upload them directly to the fourm.

Admiral

Up-load version #2 I did it on the new site, looks like it didn't stick.
The image says DX8 but it is from a DX9

Attachments

• 006~BLADE 180 CFX.SPM
    25 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the .spm files have the same icon and it's just a picture of my old DX8. I wish there was a way to separate them out, but since they are all .spm files, it's just one image.

Top Bottom