General blade!130x

jmerl

Anyone out there have a 130x? I have 2 for two months and have had a lot of probs with them. 2 tail servos, 2 elevator servo, 2 motors and a 3-1 board go out between the two. I am a beginner and am very easy and careful about flying them not to crash. Is it normal to have this many problems? It seem every 5 flight something goes wrong.

Lee

I don't personally have a 130X, but it seems there are a lot of people have problems with this. But its not restricted to the 130. The Align 150 has big problems.
I'm sure the guys on here with 130s will help you out.

Slobberdog

You should not have problems like this, I have had mine for about a year now and tbh I have had one servo go bad in that period, yes they need cleaning often but they are not to bad, the board is another thing, people have had issues and I had an issue with mine a few weeks ago, but not a guarantee that my board was bad as I had a poss problem with my lynx tail servo at the same time,

How do you fly the heli,

One battery after the other or do you give it a fair time to cool,

I say this as the board because the speed control and bec and gyros are all in one it tends to get warm, and i think this is the problem for many people that have board issues, I fly mine for 3.30 mins and then leave it cool for 10 mins, and hence I don't have so many issues, I have flown probably 150 batteries through mine and with very little problems,

jmerl

I found out early about the rest period between batteries. I flew it one after another, on the 4th battery mid flight it took a nose dive. The guy at horizon after talking a few came to the conclusion it was not resting btween flights. I bought a second one and when both are flying I rotate them to give them a rest. I'm hoping all this is just me getting to know and learning to fly these helicopters., and then it will all straighten out. I definitely now know how to work on them...lol.

Slobberdog

They say to let your heli cool for 2 to 3 times longer than you fly to get the best longevity,

I also rotate the heli's I have so will always have 2 with me at the field or just talk to a fellow hobbist in between flights,

jmerl

I have another question. What exactly does d/r and expo do? I hear different explanations and none seem to be the sAme. I have a dx6I

Slobberdog

Dual rate take the amount of travel you have, say 10 degrees and reduces it by the percentage you put in the tx so if you have 70% set then you will have 7deg available, that 7 degrees is then spread over the full travel of the stick, this will give you a feeling of having to move the stick further to get the same control movement,

Expo does a similar job by spreading the initial movement around the centre stick position to give you a softer feel, and reduce the amount of reaction to the initial stick movement,

jmerl

Ok, that raises two more questions...lol sorry. I was told that the higher +value on the expo is slower the servo travels. Is that true? +100 would be the slowest position? How do the negative values affect things (-100).

Slobberdog

Yes the higher the expo value the slower around centre the reaction to an input will be, negative expo will make it quicker around centre, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use negative expo,

Also the servo speed is not affected its still as quick as it would be without expo, but it's how far from centre you soften the servo throw,

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a graph that explains it well

image.jpg

image.jpg

jmerl

So if I get this right, expo only affects the amount of stick you have to give in order to accomphish the same feat?

jmerl

I understood the d/r settings as explained and only understood the expo a little. So would the expo in the video be set at a +100

Top Bottom