ITS TORQUE TUBE AND ITS BRUSHLESS!!!!

I THINK I KNOW WHAT MY NEXT HELI IS GONNA BE!!!! :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Horizon product developer said

"
Hi Guys,

I'm glad to see lots of interest in this product! I hope your as excited as we are about it.

A couple things I want to mention.

Durability - This will vary from pilot to pilot as mentioned. Those quick with throttle hold will definitely have a more durable helicopter. That stated we were very pleased with its durability in crashes ( yes there have been lots, LOL)

Performance - A pilot whom is comfortable flying the mCP X will love this one. You can be heavy on the collective stick and the tail will stay where it is. Yes it was designed with performance in mind but it is quite forgivable for someone coming up from an mCP X. It is much more planted in a hover.

As David E. said we are off to Toledo today all those going have a safe trip. If you are there I will be flying it where I can! See everyone there! If you are there I will be flying it where I can!

Thanks,
James
"

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Also

"Durability is better than we had expected. Still not an mCP X, but much more like the mCP X than a larger heli such as the 300 X. Tail is the vulnerable area, but I won't call it weak.

I'm just a beginning CCPM guy, and I love this heli. Feels more stable and more locked-in than the mCP X. I can see it better. Less affected by wind. I don't have the skills to take advantage but it has a LOT more power than the mCP X. I also don't have the skills to take advantage of the tail, but tail performance is clearly in a different league than the mCP X.

I can't do aerobatics let alone 3D (maybe an occasional flip), and I get about 4 min on a pack. James can push it hard and gets at least 3 min, sometimes a little longer.

I think this heli is pretty much what you guys have been asking for. And yes, it's likely to hit the street about the same time as the 300X."

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Parts pricing os up on horizon too.

Rear Tt gears apparently are the "weak point"... Available as a full front metal and back Tt set for 12 bucks. Abd only rear ones .. I think 2 for 3.50.... :)

I am giddy!! ;P :D

Tony

Staff member
That is a really nice heli. The only thing that I would change about it is make it an outrunner, and not an inrunner for more torque. Should be interesting to see the mods on this one lmao.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I think it is way to expensive! It is like $280 for a little heli! Lol, my 450 cost like a $100 less. Cant wait to see it at Toledo though!

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, if it's that much, I won't get it. I would rather just get a flybarless 450 for that price. Hell, the gears are about the same price for the tail, and I'm sure the tail boom is as well hahaha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ITS 269 .. and tt gears are cheap here.. not to mention, the still very low part count compared to a 450 :)

and to make a good 450 u are looking at atleast 350-400...then, stuff comes from china thats good and cheap..

considering all that.. i am still happy..

i m not discounting the fact that i want to see how it holds up compared to walkers 120ds. or 200 with tt.. people hv pre ordered it, i m not that in a hurry.. lol. i'll just wait and watch.. all i m saying is this a MUCH BETTER heli than anything in its class.. and will do anything a bigger heli can do stock...

makes it again a 3D practice bird :)

murankar

Staff member
nice bird, but again at that price I would want it rtf possibly. Thing looks like it was well built. The only draw back I could see is the cost of a new 5 in 1 board should that one go out. I think I would buy it only after it has been out a bit. I hate being an early bird on stuff like this. I wounder what the hop ups are going to consist of and how much they would be.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Depending if the head is metal or plastic, there is your first hop up option.

The servos ads linear which means very very less chance of stripping. I like that.

Think of it as all your electronics going out in your heli. Including your gyro. Esc and all... Think how much would that cost for good quality equipment..

Here its 85 bucks total. :) not bad .. :)

And hh is good at replacing stuff. I have never paid a penny if my boards have gone bad.

murankar

Staff member
I had one go bad on my mcx. Never thought to return it since it was alost 2 years old. I guess $85 is not bad concidering the over all cost, the mcx was priced at $60 and now the mcx2 as a bnf is 120 or so.

Points taken well. I would more than likely still buy it, but I want the x-cell furion 450 more.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
heehee.. I know.. I was talking to my fiance of getting this for our "wedding present" to me ,as it starts shipping right around when we are getting married.. :p :D ... I got a very long stare.. and then.. "We'll see" :p hahahahhahahaha... i knew that didnt go over that well.. but i'll keep buttering. :)

this is the only heli I will be able to afford . :)

THE BIRD I REALLY WANT is GOBLIN 700 or a 7HV.. :D

Lee

Now now Gaba, don't be getting a 700 before me. :D I'm considering selling my Downhill Mountain bike to by a 700.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Don't worry I wont be... Not till Christmas. :) so you are on the clear! Lol

Get the logo xxtreme man!! That thing is huge and beefy!!! 800!!! I might just wait and hit the 800 once and for all next year. :)

Lee

I think for me it will be the Compass Atom 7HV if i get a 700. Great price and low parts count. Airframe is strong. Just listened to a podcast last night about it. One guy crashed into powerlines then it fell 50ft onto the ground and all he broke was the boom and a blade grip.

Top Bottom