Micro Blade 130s Servo Drift...

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys, I developed a servo drift in my li'll Blade 130S..
When I first start up, it pulls forward. So I adjust the trim. After not to long, it starts to pull backwards.. So I trim it again.. Back to where it was before? Then she flies great but still a minor adjustment might be needed...

I don't see any real slop in the mechanics so I'm wondering if it's something else...
What do you guys think?
Other than that, I've been flying the heck out this thing...……..

I still need to replace my simulator. It's been to dang long...…. I really want the RF9 unless,, someone says I'm going down the wrong road..
Thanks guys!....……

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rob. Have you checked to make sure that your tail blades are even? Fold your tail blades over so they meet each other. If they don't just adjust your tail servo arm in or out so the tail blades are even with each other. I hope this makes sense and helps out :).

Matt

Sometimes those linear servos get flat spots. Tony has a video of how to clean them (I think). Try putting the elevator servo on the aileron and the aileron servo in the elevator spot. See if it drifts right to left or left to right. Replacing the servo is an option..

RealFlight 9 is real good I’ve heard.. (I’ve got RealFlight 8)

Rob Lancaster

Hey Rob. Have you checked to make sure that your tail blades are even? Fold your tail blades over so they meet each other. If they don't just adjust your tail servo arm in or out so the tail blades are even with each other. I hope this makes sense and helps out :).

Hi there D.O.G.,, my li'll blade 130S has a fixed tri bladed tail rotor.. :biggrin1:

Rob Lancaster

Sometimes those linear servos get flat spots. Tony has a video of how to clean them (I think). Try putting the elevator servo on the aileron and the aileron servo in the elevator spot. See if it drifts right to left or left to right. Replacing the servo is an option..

RealFlight 9 is real good I’ve heard.. (I’ve got RealFlight 8)

You know Matt, come to think about it, I haven't cleaned the servos in a while. I'll clean them but, I'm not getting a flat spot type of a problem.. It's more like when it's cold it pulls forward and after a few minutes, it starts to pull backwards... It's rather noticeable and a pain..

Matt

Try holding the heli in your hand when it’s cold and give it throttle and see what the servos do. Looking at the servos when it’s cold and not actually flying the heli might help pinpoint the problem.

Rob Lancaster

Ok, I will have a look.
I just finished cleaning the servos and the problem still remains. Something tells me there's to much slop in the elevator's servo slide. The tiny brushes in there are fine...

Matt

Servos for that heli are about $11 a piece. Might be worth replacing the servo (if that is the problem) and at the same time I’d suggest ordering backups to have. I order 3 or 4 of everything so I’m never stuck not being able to fly.

Rob Lancaster

LOL,, I know what you mean,,, I already ordered a replacement...
This particular servo is very weak in the area described,, and it's $22.08 delivered to my door here in Hawaii.. Must be that I'm way out there, LOL!
Thanks and take care all!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom