1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Micro Blade 130s Problems...

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Rob Lancaster, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:40 AM.

< Rebuilding My Fleet | Oxy 5 >
  1. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Blog Posts:
    Here we go again guys...
    The good news is, there's only a little rehab needed on my knuckle after my run in with the 130S. Almost completely healed from that one, whew!

The bad news is, the elevator servo developed a flaw. I replaced it and now the servo doesn't work at all unless I plug it into a deferent channel.

But wait there's more! There's also NO motor/s output from the ESC...
    I think I now have a bad RX and ESC..
    What do you guys think??
    Rster...

2. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Is the 130S is a single board heli? If so then the esc is built into that one board. If the 130 is like the 180 then it has a separate esc. If that is the case then plug the esc into another channel and see if it works. If so its the flight controller board. I wish I knew the exact set up on that kit.

Chances are the FC is bad. If so you might be able to upgrade to a micro brain or ikon. Use a spectrum sat for the rx and you should be golden. Might be a tad heavy but it should fly.

3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    If the servo works in a separate port, then I would be looking at the board. Unfortunate, but it does happen.

4. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    Hi Rob, when I had 130s I had a couple of boards repaired by Mega Micros he also sold refurbished board, I think he was a USAF Radtech doing it part time.
    He did a good job.

Repair Services

5. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Blog Posts:
    Yup the servo works when plugged into another port.

Also murankar, I plugged the ESC into a deferent port on the RX like you suggested and BOOM the motors run now.
    Soooooo,,,, I have a bad RX board "A"...….. Picture of the separate ESC and RX below.

Hey Admiral how's it going down under....
    Repair services? Interesting....
    Thanks everyone, again, lol.....
    Rob...

Attached Files:

6. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been thinking more about the results above.
    When the esc is plugged into Ch 3 as shown, default placement, the motors won't run. At the same time, two of the three servos work, Ch 2 and 5... Ch 6 servo does not.

Now when I plug the esc from Ch 3 to Ch 1, unused Ch,,, the motors run and the same 2 servos Ch 2 and 5, work. Ch 6 is still dead.

Ok here's the head scratching part.
    If Ch 3 is fried, (no motors) why do the 2 servos Ch 2 and 5 still work? Only when I plug the esc into Ch 1, does everything work except Ch 6s servo... I know it's the PCB in the RX but how can this situation occur? How can one Ch operate the servos and not the motors? know what I mean guys? :confused1:

Oh and what's the yellow wire for? There's no wiring data with this model...
    Rster...

Attached Files:

7. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Something in the board for those channels is hosed. Not sure what us wrong but you lost a couple channels.

You could either buy a new board or see if a nano FBL will work.

8. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Blog Posts:
    Cool, that's what I'm think'n...

< Rebuilding My Fleet | Oxy 5 >