Micro Blade 130s Problems...

Rob Lancaster

Here we go again guys...
The good news is, there's only a little rehab needed on my knuckle after my run in with the 130S. Almost completely healed from that one, whew!

The bad news is, the elevator servo developed a flaw. I replaced it and now the servo doesn't work at all unless I plug it into a deferent channel.

But wait there's more! There's also NO motor/s output from the ESC...
I think I now have a bad RX and ESC..
What do you guys think??
Rster...

murankar

Staff member
Is the 130S is a single board heli? If so then the esc is built into that one board. If the 130 is like the 180 then it has a separate esc. If that is the case then plug the esc into another channel and see if it works. If so its the flight controller board. I wish I knew the exact set up on that kit.

Chances are the FC is bad. If so you might be able to upgrade to a micro brain or ikon. Use a spectrum sat for the rx and you should be golden. Might be a tad heavy but it should fly.

Tony

Staff member
If the servo works in a separate port, then I would be looking at the board. Unfortunate, but it does happen.

Admiral

Hi Rob, when I had 130s I had a couple of boards repaired by Mega Micros he also sold refurbished board, I think he was a USAF Radtech doing it part time.
He did a good job.

Repair Services

Rob Lancaster

Yup the servo works when plugged into another port.

Also murankar, I plugged the ESC into a deferent port on the RX like you suggested and BOOM the motors run now.
Soooooo,,,, I have a bad RX board "A"...….. Picture of the separate ESC and RX below.

Hey Admiral how's it going down under....
Repair services? Interesting....
Thanks everyone, again, lol.....
Rob...

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 12

Rob Lancaster

I've been thinking more about the results above.
When the esc is plugged into Ch 3 as shown, default placement, the motors won't run. At the same time, two of the three servos work, Ch 2 and 5... Ch 6 servo does not.

Now when I plug the esc from Ch 3 to Ch 1, unused Ch,,, the motors run and the same 2 servos Ch 2 and 5, work. Ch 6 is still dead.

Ok here's the head scratching part.
If Ch 3 is fried, (no motors) why do the 2 servos Ch 2 and 5 still work? Only when I plug the esc into Ch 1, does everything work except Ch 6s servo... I know it's the PCB in the RX but how can this situation occur? How can one Ch operate the servos and not the motors? know what I mean guys? :confused1:

Oh and what's the yellow wire for? There's no wiring data with this model...
Rster...

Attachments

• IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 2

murankar

Staff member
Something in the board for those channels is hosed. Not sure what us wrong but you lost a couple channels.

You could either buy a new board or see if a nano FBL will work.

Tony

Staff member
hm, interesting. Not sure why it's not working. I would start with a fresh model in the Tx and completely go through the gyro again from step 1 to z.

Rob Lancaster

Ok, but that's a tall order; LOL!...……….
I wonder if I screwed up something while I was repairing two of three servos.. One needed replacement because the mechanics had to much slop in it.
Stay tuned...

Rob Lancaster

hm, interesting. Not sure why it's not working. I would start with a fresh model in the Tx and completely go through the gyro again from step 1 to z.

Just to be clear, when you say "start with a fresh model", do you mean erase the problem model's memory from the TX? Then reenter it all again?
I just checked it all and it's all intact...

Rob Lancaster

At least it ain't raining over there. at least now…

Oh hey, I have a copy of the model on a SD card so it should be a breeze.

Rob Lancaster

Ok I just tried the SD card with no luck.
I'll reprogram and hope for the best. After that I can return the new RX and toss the rest in the garbage.

Top Bottom