Micro Blade 130s Aluminum Motor Mount?

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys, hey is there a such thing as a aluminum motor mount for the Blade 130S?...

HA!; after we all figured out all the problems I had, wow, I put some time on this thing. During a routine lube job, (mechanic in me), I noticed that the motor mount blots (plastic mount to frame) don't hold tight like they should. I'd like to find a aluminum mount that I can use the ole blue thread lock on... Any sources on that?

Tony; I'm glad I didn't pitch it in the garbage, had a lot of fun with her since! HA!
Thanks guys!
Rob...

murankar

Staff member
Microheli makes alot of stuff for those micro birds. Just watch what you buy. It will get expensive quick.

Admiral

Also be careful one of the LHS added every upgrade they could to a Blade 130X and admitted themselves that it flew terrible because of the extra weight.
They did it for display defiantly not for performance.

Rob Lancaster

Wow this place has it all for that bird. I was lucky enough to get out of there with only the motor mount. I was tempted to get that nice CNC swash plate too but I have a factory spare in stock already so maybe next time..
Thanks all!...

murankar

Staff member
Dont get hung up on all the "up grades" . While they are nice most of them are not practical.

That metal swash could damage your servos in a crash. The plastic swash gives and breaks while the metal one stays firm. Just watch which hop ups you use.

Rob Lancaster

Sounds good about keeping the stock swash plate. However, 9 out 10 times I crash, I take out at least one servo. The servo mechanisms are very delicate and develops slack in the linkage slider after a crash.. I also noticed that Horizon Hobby has discontinued the Blade 130S.. I hope parts will be available for awhile... Anyway the CNC motor mount is in the mail...

Matt

All the new Blades have a beginner mode where the heli self levels and makes it easier for a newby to fly a collective pitch heli

Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

on the Spektrum website, if you register your Tx you can download and import a setup file for all the Blade helis which makes it easier to get the setup right instead of trying to set everything per the manual

Last edited:

Matt

I believe you can do that with your DX8. Register your DX8 on the Spektrum website, then download a setup file and save it to an SD Card, then import it to your DX8.

I find this easier because I had a 130s and setup my Tx by the manual and it didn't quite work the way I would expect. In fact I think I burned out a servo, and got frustrated and sold the 130s. Since I've found the setup files, I like the Blade helis much more now..

Rob Lancaster

Oh yeah, I know what you're say'n now.. Yeah I did the programing manually, and only downloaded the settings on the Spektrum site...

Top Bottom