Micro Blade 120SR

ChicagoRC

I have been away from the hobby for a few years. I'm retired and back at it.I have a Spectrum Dx6i and Blade 120sr. I have created a new setup with help from you tube. I have no left rudder control. When I use right rudder it spins around like a top. Is this a 5-1 controller problem? Tweaking trvl adj, sub-trim, trim no help.
How does the spectrum 5-1 control the rudder?

Admiral

Check that the tail rotor is not on backwards, from memory that used to have that effect, as it has an airfoil section to assist counteracting torque.

ChicagoRC

Check that the tail rotor is not on backwards, from memory that used to have that effect, as it has an airfoil section to assist counteracting torque.
I looked at it, It can't be put on backwards. One end is a smaller diameter and won't allow you to put it on backwards.

ChicagoRC

I looked at it, It can't be put on backwards. One end is a smaller diameter and won't allow you to put it on backwards.
I have a print out from years ago (rcheliworx). It explains how this model yaws. I didn't have the blades installed(rebuilding). That must be why I have this problem. I'll post again if I still have issues. Thanks

Admiral

When you use the Right rudder which way does it spin Left or right ? you didn't say.
If you have some video it would help a lot, I'm working on memory here, I sold the 2 x 120-SRs about 10 years ago.
Have you tried reversing the Rudder servo or Gyro servo or both.

ChicagoRC

When you use the Right rudder which way does it spin Left or right ? you didn't say.
If you have some video it would help a lot, I'm working on memory here, I sold the 2 x 120-SRs about 10 years ago.
Have you tried reversing the Rudder servo or Gyro servo or both.
Thanks. I put it all back together and tail is fine. I now have a lean to the right as I throttle up. May need some tweaks in the radio. I know my fleet is old. I'm looking to upgrade. I'm looking at DX6e and Blade 150 S and a 120 S2. Still learning.

Top Bottom