Micro Blade 120sr upgrade

I am going to rebuild and upgrade my 120sr. Does anybody know if those upgrade parts on rakonheli.com are any good? I would welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

cml001

I like them.. Look at the albums in my profile.. I have on decked out in red... Bit pricey tho.. I was given most of the parts otherwise I prolly wouldn't have done it.. But looks awesome I think.. No difference in flight characteristics.. It's all flash.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
The blade grips are not on.. Lost parts to it... This is before I realized the importance of loctite... Lol.

image.jpg

I do like the flash, but I was looking for more performance. Yeah, it is very pricey for sure. Thats why I was seeking some advice. I didn't see that red canopy on the site tho. Looks great!

cml001

The canopy is a blade canopy.. U can buy either red or green.. Honestly I'd invest in a 450 size bird before sinking cash in the 120sr... It's just flash.. The 120sr was my first heli and I still have a blast with it.. But it will never get better than outta the box.. But I think it's the best fixed pitch micro u can get.. It'll take a lot of licks... Cut my teeth on it.. Good bird!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I am going to take it.... Like you, I love the 120sr... About the 450 size: I am still learning to fly the CP helis. I have a Nano CPX that I fly around in the house. Doing better, but still struggle with it. I can't imagine the damage (collateral!) I could do with a 450 CP heli. But at the same time I have experienced pilots tell me that the bigger CP helis are easier to fly than the small. Do you agree?.... If I got a 450 size, what would you recommend? I have never had nothing but a blade: mcpx, 120sr, nano cpx, 200 srx.... Thanks for letting me pick your brain... saves a lot of wasted time...

cml001

Well.. My personal opinion... Is a 450 over say.. 130x or align 150.. Micros all seem finicky to me.. A lot of fun.. But in the end u spend a lot on the.. Cause u crash'm.. They r just too quick and small.. But ton of fun yes.. Simulator ... Very valuable tool... Crashes are free! I have found the bigger the easier.. But the more cost to repair.. And if ur not comfortable.. They can be dangerous too.. 450s can be too.. But typically cheaper to repair... My first build was Align 450pro dfc.. They come with everything and are about as cheap as one can get to obtain a good quality machine.. Some guys talk crap about them.. Others love'm.. I love'm.. As do a lot of members here ... I do suggest the Ar7200bx tho no computer required.. No sats(450 or smaller)... And it works... But there are lots of good 450 machines out there.. Gaui, mhs,kds.. All good products..Align parts are easily obtainable tho most anywhere or site.. Hope that helps.. Just my opinion.. Worked for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Beware of clones/knockoffs!

Last edited:
That does help. Thanks alot... I am going to check into the Align 450... I am not sure what the Ar7200bx is tho.. Duh.. ?? I am kinda intermediate I guess. Can't help it...

cml001

It's a flybarless controller from Spectrum.. Basically a BeastX with a receiver built in... Research as much as u can.. Get a simulator for sure.

Tony

Staff member
The AR7200BX is AWESOME! Very simple to setup, and on stock settings, it just works.

murankar

Staff member
You'll see a huge difference in performance and stability once you figure out your kit. If you want the most for your buck look at the Align DFC 450 kits or the Gaui X3 line. I cant speack on behalf of Align but the Gaui X3 is forgiving on the pocket book and in crashes.

As for the 120sr I have one sitting in a box needed either a new tail motor or circut board, not really sure although I am leaning more on the tail motor. I had a hard time getting mine into forward flight sometimes but over all was a great little bird. One down side is that it is at that size where you need to be outside or a gym. I was wanting to fly mine inside but never had the room.

Top Bottom