Micro Blade 120S blade grips problem

bigone5500

Got new blade grips and the replacements stated on the package that they are for a 120sr. Both the s and sr versions have the same part number. They fit but the blades are pretty tight in them. I have thought about using vaseline but that stuff is messy. The blades are supposed to be a little loose but not too loose. These things are tight even before I put the screws in. Should I not fly it until it gets resolved? I have not contacted amain about it yet.

Tony

Staff member
If they are aluminum, you can gently pry them apart slightly to loosen the grip. I myself like a blade that is a little on the tight side. Less of a chance of it falling behind on spool up and smacking your tail boom. If they are plastic, some boiling water will work wonders on helping to free them up. Just remove all metal before dunking them in. And boil the water, and then put the parts in.

bigone5500

Thanks tony. I don't want them too tight and not be able to spin straight out at full speed. They seem that tight that one could be uneven, if that's what it's called.

Tony

Staff member
Remember, these things are spinning very fast so there are a lot of forces on them. But as stated, if you want them a little more loose, depending on what they are made out of, you can loosen them up. You could even take some sand paper and open them up that way no matter what they are made out of.

bigone5500

Thanks. They are made of plastic. I can probably sand the Blade hubs easier. Some fine paper and back to flying.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, spring time in the central USA is a hard time to fly. It's pretty windy here right now as well. And one of these days, I have to take this Goblin (named 'Troll') up for the maiden flight.

bigone5500

Yea, spring time in the central USA is a hard time to fly. It's pretty windy here right now as well. And one of these days, I have to take this Goblin (named 'Troll') up for the maiden flight.

I agree about spring time. I live in NW LA.
I thought about the name skid marks after the trouble with the skids last night. :censored:

Top Bottom