Misc BlackQut Mini Spider Hex Build

Tasajara

Well I got a new Blackout Mini Spider Hex Frame w/ Power Distribution Board to play with .
This thing looks Sweeeet... The carbon is perfect, nice shine and cut so very smooth.
I did get started just a little today.

The PDB has all the connections you need, esc, led, video power and v-in and out.
It also comes with Red surface mounted leds around the edges and 6 white ones mounted in the front.
I added a few extra red leds on each arm before I put the lower plate on that will cover all the wires.
I have a CC3D to control my Hexa, 2400kv 1806 motors and F-12A Fire Red series SimonK-(RapidESC) to get it moving.
A Sony 800tvl cam with IR block, and a 250mW 5.8gHz Vtx. Right now i am waiting on the esc's to arrive to go any farther on my build.
The xt-60 is tacked on just to test the lights

Here are a few pics of what I have so far...

01 Spider Hexa.JPG

02 Spider Hexa.JPG

03 Spider Hexa.JPG

04 Spider Hexa.JPG

05 Spider Hexa.JPG

06 Spider Hexa.JPG

07 Spider Hexa.jpg

01 Spider Hexa.JPG

02 Spider Hexa.JPG

03 Spider Hexa.JPG

04 Spider Hexa.JPG

05 Spider Hexa.JPG

06 Spider Hexa.JPG

07 Spider Hexa.jpg

Last edited:

DavidDutch

Re: Santa came early, it's a Blackout Christmas...

Looks woooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Happy playing , but that will not be a problem I gues

Tasajara

Well I got all the parts in to finish my build.... with only one exception the screws to mount my motors. The ones that come with the motors are a bit short to fit through the
3mm Carbon arms, so I bought m3x5 button head screws. They should do the trick, I got 100 so I want be looking for m3 screws for a long time LOL.
I did a temp mount of the motors so I can get the esc's all wired up so. BTW the new design of the motors look very good, nice clean windings.

Any way I wanted this build to look very clean, so I got to looking at the led wiring and it just looked a little messy.
So that being said I installed 1/8 wire mesh over all my wires. It did clean it up a good bit.

This is what it looked like before the mesh was added...

08 Spider Hexa.JPG

09 Spider Hexa.jpg

10 Spider Hexa.JPG

11 Spider Hexa.JPG

12 Spider Hexa.JPG

13 Spider Hexa.JPG

14 Spider Hexa.jpg

08 Spider Hexa.JPG

09 Spider Hexa.jpg

10 Spider Hexa.JPG

11 Spider Hexa.JPG

12 Spider Hexa.JPG

13 Spider Hexa.JPG

14 Spider Hexa.jpg

Stambo

Are you sure them lights are bright enough? :p :)

Seeing the quality and durability of these Blackout frames, there may be a Blackout quad in my future.
I still crash too much to screw my motors on.
I zip tie them as a point of weakness, I am quite sure it has saved them from damage more than once.

Last edited:

Tasajara

LOL on the lights , I thought about adding a few under the top plate ...hahaha make the whole frame glow....

Yeah I have watched the Blackout frames crash a lot in videos ppl pick them up and keep flying.
I sold my RCX 250 for $250 so this was where the money went. So now I only have 3 Mini Multirotors LOL
But because I like to build them as much as flying a may get another Wasp 280, Ver 2 just came out with some upgraded arms and
5° cam angle up to give you a better view when you are doing fast forward flight.

Last edited:

Tasajara

Re: BlackQut Mini Hexa Build

Had a little time off over the Holidays to do a little building.
I got all the motors, esc's and my CC3D OpenPilot board mounted and set up.
Now just waiting for good weather to do a little test flight before I put all my video gear on it.

Removed all the heat shrink and clipped the esc motor leads, then tinted each wire
15  Spider Hexa.JPG

I put heat shrink over all the power leads except one esc that will power my CC3D Board
leaving only the signal wire on the other 5

16  Spider Hexa.JPG

Once they were covered I slipped them back into the wire mesh leaving just the signal wire, it is best to put the heat shrink
over the end of the mesh with out the servo connector installed that way the heat gun want melt it any if you get to close

17  Spider Hexa.JPG

All ready to install on my frame

18  Spider Hexa.JPG

Put new heat shrink over my esc and stuck them down with grey 3M double sided tape

19  Spider Hexa.JPG

15  Spider Hexa.JPG

16  Spider Hexa.JPG

17  Spider Hexa.JPG

18  Spider Hexa.JPG

19  Spider Hexa.JPG

Last edited:

Tasajara

I have all the motor/esc's mounted and checked for proper rotation.
I order the reverse prop adapters for my CCW motors, they are the silver prop nuts.

20  Spider Hexa.jpg

installed a battery buzzer to my PDB, this way you don't have to plug it up every time you fly

21  Spider Hexa.jpg

You can get a 3s or 4s battery monitor like this 3s battery monitor

got my CC3D control board mounted and calibrated. I will put the top plate on temporary for my test flight.

22  Spider Hexa.JPG

23  Spider Hexa.JPG

26  Spider Hexa.JPG

Mounted the Bottom plate for the battery and GoPro mount with vibration bobbins included in the kit.
24  Spider Hexa.JPG

25  Spider Hexa.jpg

I will try to get some pictures in a better lit place so they will be a little clearer.
The workshop has florescent lights and we all know they don't get bright in the cold weather...

20  Spider Hexa.jpg

21  Spider Hexa.jpg

22  Spider Hexa.JPG

23  Spider Hexa.JPG

24  Spider Hexa.JPG

25  Spider Hexa.jpg

26  Spider Hexa.JPG

Last edited:

Tasajara

I hope to get it in the air soon, But right now working 7 days a week 12 hrs a day so that screws it up for me for a while aaarrgghhh!!!

Tasajara

My dang Hexa still sitting on the dang bench... Still working way to much.
But I have got a lot of new goodies to build on.

Top Bottom