Quad Blackout 360 build

Stambo

Started the build of my new Blackout 360 on the weekend, got the motors mounted, ESCs soldered to the PDB and the naze32 flashed to cleanflight and hooked up.
Plugged in a battery and the smoke stayed in, always a good thing.
Hooked up to the configurater and checked a few settings, went to the motors tab and only one worked.
These Multistar 30A ESCs had been working flawlessly on a previous build running simonk firmware but I decided to flash them to the latest blheli before using them on this build. Seems this was a mistake.
I decided to flash them back to the current Simonk firmware and before trying with the Naze32 I tested them with my servo tester.
All worked fine so back to the Naze32 and cleanflight.
Now 3 of them work, the 4th one baffles me.
I have tried swapping the servo cables to different positions and swapping motors.
It is always the same ESC with a problem.
I tried reflashing that one ESC and the results are no different.
It still works fine on the servo tester.
I have even tried setting a radio to have 4 throttle channels just for testing.
I am having trouble understanding why it would work with the servo tester but not with other methods.
I may have to take my oscilloscope home and see what is different between the servo tester output and the rx and Naze32.
I do have a set of HK Blue series I can fit but I hate not knowing why this one does not work, and they are already soldered to the PDB.
Any thoughts and ideas appreciated. :)

I will probably post this on a few other forums also, get as many ideas as I can.

Tony

Staff member
If you said it, I missed it, so here it goes no matter how basic it sounds. Did you go into the motors menu, check the box (or flip the swich), raise the motors up all the way, plug in the quad and calibrate the ESC's? Just wondering if they are not seeing a low throttle signal. Only thing I can think of at the moment.

Stambo

If you said it, I missed it, so here it goes no matter how basic it sounds. Did you go into the motors menu, check the box (or flip the swich), raise the motors up all the way, plug in the quad and calibrate the ESC's? Just wondering if they are not seeing a low throttle signal. Only thing I can think of at the moment.

Yup, tried that. :)

Stambo

While trying to sort my problem, I managed to short one of the other ESCs and my servo tester out with my scope probes causing the magic smoke contained in both these devices to escape.
Needless to say with the magic smoke no longer contained, these devices no longer function. :)

On a better note, I removed those ESCs and fitted some HK blue series ones that I also had lying around.
I am being a bit more critical with this build because in theory it is going together once and will stay that way. :)

Blackout360Build.jpg

Top Bottom