Servos Bk servo ds5005hv

scrc511

Does anyone know how to upgrade a firmware on this servo? BK DS5005HV, on first power up servo doesn't initialize, cycle down power maybe once or twice servo then initialize. I was told by Mikado that early version of BK's and Savox servos has this firmware issue. Pls help, thanks.

Scrc

murankar

Staff member
I heard of being able to upgrade firmware on a servo. I know Futaba servos can be programmed for s-bus which is an RX thing and not so much a servo thing. I'll have to look into this.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
I just went through just few Google pages of results. Nothing showed up. I am wondering if they meant your gyro needs upgraded?

scrc511

Hi,
I also emailed BK and was told that a more reliable and stronger BEC will resolve the issue. They suggested a Hercules Mini Bec. So I'm gonna look into getting one and see if that fix the problem. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Scrc

murankar

Staff member
Bk servos can pull some amps. If your on a 450 class then get a castle 10 amo bec if your going bigger like a 550 run the castle pro 20 amp.

scrc511

I'm currently using the castle 10a BEC, and I have this issue even before switching to BK servos. If I recall, didn't have this issue when I was using the Align tail servo, the problem started when I stsrted using a considerable high end servos.

Regards,
Rick

murankar

Staff member
What exactly us your setup? You never mentioned being on an external bec earlier. What ESC are you using? What fbl are you using? Mini v-bar has an issue with the power bus which has not be solved yet.

I would test your setup on the ESC internal bec and see if the problem persists. If it goes away then you have a bad bec. If the problem persists then move the servo to another port on the gyro. If the problem is still there it either the servo or gyro. If the problem goes away then its the gyro.

Top Bottom