General Bixler 2

Hi Guys,
Pulled the trigger and got one of these as my first venture into airplanes, I notice it has a flaps option but says it needs a servo reverser if you don't have a computerised radio.Can someone explain this
and how I can tell if I need it or not.
My radio is a DX6i ?
Thanks
John

Lee

The DX6I is a computer radio. It just means that you can program functions within the radio. Older radios needed wiring and mechanical mixing to do the same job.
Servo reverse is one of the menus in your radio. If a servo is moving in the opposite direction to the way you desire, you can reverse it in that menu, eg rudder goes left instead of right.

Derek

Just spend a bit of time with the DX6i manual and then go into the various settings of the DX6i and you really shouldn't have many issues. It's a pretty easy Tx to work with. I really like mine.

...and as always...if you do get confused...just ask!

Tony

Staff member
I don't think you can run dual flap servos on different channels on the 6i, but not 100% sure. In all honesty, you will not need flaps on this plane. The thing already floats forever. Putting flaps on the thing will almost allow you to hover it in lmao.

You will like the plane. Should have downloaded the FREE RCH Trainer plans though :biggrin1:

Thanks for all the help guys, Tony I did download the RCH Trainer plans just dont think I am that skillful yet to build it.
John

Tony

Staff member
Ah bro, that plane is not that bad to build. cut out the pieces, clue the bottom to the side, then glue the top to the same side. Then attach the other side to the top and bottom. The wing is the hardest, but just getting the lines correct is the biggest issue. Just tonight, I built one in about 1.5 hours for Matt (callsign4223). First time took a couple hours, maybe 3.

Either way, you will like the Bixler. And as stated, don't worry about the flaps for now, it will float right in and is a sinch to hand launch. Any questions, just ask.

Derek

Hey there, John!

Yeah...as far as the RCH Trainer goes...it really is quite simple to put together. Just take your time with it and you'll be fine.

However, you have the Bixler 2. that is a plane that is on my "shopping list." It really looks to be a great flyer. Have fun with it and I hope to see some video of it in the air.

Take care buddy!!!

Cheers guys, I am hoping to make it an FPV platform just waiting for all the bits to arrive I have always had my doubts about " Foam " planes
but after looking at all the footage on youtube it looked good and now that it is here I am very pleased with it.
Cant wait to put it together and will have a go at getting some video.
John

Tony

Staff member
You fly with two left thumbs, I thought I was doing you a favor hahaha :lmao:

I should have glued it up and seen how long it would take you to notice lmao. But, I'm interested in seeing it fly just to see how the shorter cut off wing handles. And you damn right I want to fly it. Hell, I will maiden it if you want lmao.

Top Bottom