Spektrum Binding to rx question

Derek

I'm needing to bind my motorglider to my dx8 but my motorglider has a bec plugged into the battery port. How do I bind the receiver to the tx with a bec in the battery port?

callsign4223

Staff member
Just a shot in the dark, but can you move the bec to an aux port long enough to bind, then move it back?

Or bind the RX with it plugged into another ESC or RX pack, than move it back to the glider. I don't think it matters what's plugged into the servo when binding.

Lee

You can plug the power source into the throttle port and the plug the bind plug in. nothing needs to be connected except the power and the bind plug, then you can plug everything back in.

Derek

You can plug the power source into the throttle port and the plug the bind plug in. nothing needs to be connected except the power and the bind plug, then you can plug everything back in.

So...I could have just plugged in the BEC to the throttle and the bind plug into the BATT/Bind port? Is that what you are saying, Lee?

Derek

Just a shot in the dark, but can you move the bec to an aux port long enough to bind, then move it back?

Or bind the RX with it plugged into another ESC or RX pack, than move it back to the glider. I don't think it matters what's plugged into the servo when binding.

Thanks Matt! I sure was making it more difficult that it really was, lol. After reading your comment, I had to laugh. I did just take the Rx and plugged in the ESC from the RCH Trainer and did the bind process from that plane, then moved the Rx back to my motor glider. All is well and everything is working. Now, it's too late in the day for me to go fly and I have to work Friday-Sunday so.....we should have a maiden flight early next week of this plane:

Photon1.jpgPhoton2.jpg

I'll start a new thread for further discussion on what settings I have and all that I've done with this plane.

Photon1.jpg

Photon2.jpg

Top Bottom