Other Binding the msh brain /ikon controller with a dx8????

wolfman76

Ok i have tried binding the controller with 1 sat just like you would with a normal rx and still nothing..... Lee i think i remmen=mber you saying or someone using the ikon what is the right way to bind this controller and sat i am using a rx pack from my eagle trainer for the power i will post a pic of what i got... also i can't seem to get it to connect to my computer forgot how to find out which com port it is on... Any help would be greatso i can finish getting the 500 air ready...after this setup it should finally see more then just a spool up....lol

Lee

To set up the Ikon on the computer, plug in the USB lead to the PC and Unit, power up the heli, then open the software.
As for the bind plug. Its just the same as any Spectrum RX. Plug into the bind port, power up. Turn on the TX with bind button down and wait for the red light to go solid on the SAT.
Hope this works for you.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
exactly what lee said. Also it wont bind until you select in the software that you are using Spektrum RX , or Satellite, DSM or DSMX ... etc.. till you select your setup, it wont let you bind

wolfman76

I only have 1 on it.. For some reason it finally link a port to computer and is also bound now thanks guys....

Lee

Sorry forgot to mention the port. Its 6
Glad you got it working.
Breeze, I only use one Sat on my Warp. 500 or bigger will need 2

kennyboypro

Hey i am not complaining...lol

Hi there, i need some help as well.
I only got my msh brain today, and am having the same sort of thing happening to me.
I have plugged in the dsmx satellite receiver, then plugged in the esc to the throttle port on the msh brain, connect the bind plug, connect the battery, all that happens is the satellite receiver blinks once very quickly and thats all, the sat is fine as its one im using on another heli which also has an msh brain.
Also, if i plug in the usb lead to connect the brain to my laptop and start the software, it will not give me a com port to use, i connected my other heli to check all was ok with my laptop, connected lipo and com 3 came up on my laptop.
I cant get connected to change receiver type im using.
I really could do with some help on this one, if anyone could offer any advice as to what i need to do.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Hi there, i need some help as well.
I only got my msh brain today, and am having the same sort of thing happening to me.
I have plugged in the dsmx satellite receiver, then plugged in the esc to the throttle port on the msh brain, connect the bind plug, connect the battery, all that happens is the satellite receiver blinks once very quickly and thats all, the sat is fine as its one im using on another heli which also has an msh brain.
Also, if i plug in the usb lead to connect the brain to my laptop and start the software, it will not give me a com port to use, i connected my other heli to check all was ok with my laptop, connected lipo and com 3 came up on my laptop.
I cant get connected to change receiver type im using.
I really could do with some help on this one, if anyone could offer any advice as to what i need to do.

Kenny...plug the usb to heli and pc. then power up the heli, be sure to unplug the motor leads first. that should do it, if not then go into your device manager and locate the Brain software it should be highlighted yellow if it is not working, once in there find the tab that says update drivers and go from there. hope that helps...

Last edited:

kennyboypro

Hi.
Thank you for the advice my friend. but i think its an issue with the msh brain i received yesterday.
I have another heli with the msh brain, and that connects to my laptop ok, no issues with that one at all, so the unit i received yesterday has to be defective.
Do you have any other ideas that may help

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
if it connects with another unit...then your right, it might be defective. are both units the same model? or do you have the new version. have you updated the new software?

kennyboypro

Hi.
The msh brain i received yesterday is the new version.
The software has already been updated, im at a total loss with this unit.
I havent had much luck with gyros just lately, i bought the gt5 from fast-lad.com, that wouldnt setup, it was ok in setup mode, but soon as you came out of it, the servos would creep in different directions, i sent that back, 6 weeks later, was sent a replacement wich turned out to be even worst than the first one, so sent that back, 2 weeks later they rang me and told me they couldnt update the unit, and would i like another replacement gt5 or a different fbl unit, i asked for the brain and paid the cost difference.
Now it seems this unit is faulty and i have got to ring them tomorrow, im hoping they dont get ****ty with me and try to fob me off, i hate all this agro.
I have 2 x beastx, a vbar, and a msh brain i bought a few months back, and havent had any issues with any of them

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Wow! seems you have some hard times there back to back. the new versions have some update than the old ones. It wouldn't hurt to just check in device manager to see what it has to say.

kennyboypro

Hi there.
I already checked in the device manager, nothing shows up, but if i connect my other msh brain, it connects ok and shows in the device manager.
There has to be a problem with this brain v2

kennyboypro

yes, going to ring fast-lad.com this morning and see what they are going to do about it, hopefully they will offer me a full refund so i can get one somewhere else.
if they dont, then it looks like it will be another 2 or 3 week wait, im getting really tired of all this hassle :(

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
yes, going to ring fast-lad.com this morning and see what they are going to do about it, hopefully they will offer me a full refund so i can get one somewhere else.
if they dont, then it looks like it will be another 2 or 3 week wait, im getting really tired of all this hassle :(

:banghead: got to be frustrating.

kennyboypro

your not wrong there.
i have been on the phone to fastlad this morning, told them the unit powers on, but will not connect to my laptop, they asked what operating system was running my laptop, i told them it was windows 7, and that its nothing to do with my laptop because my other msh brain connects to my laptop no problem, they said ok send it back and they will check it out, so means another 2 or 3 week wait for me, bloody annoying.
still, i got another heli to sort out whilst im waiting on fast lad, i have bought a 5 blade head for one of my 450 pro,s i also bought an md500 fuselage , not really sure how to setup a 5 blade head tho, so i think i have given myself another head ache there lol

Top Bottom