Big rush of blood

treff

I had the biggest rush of blood today and done things really backwards. I brought a KDS motor
yes a KDS motor, I haven't even got a KDS heli or any heli to fit it in. The motor
cost £150, I know............I think I've gone copter mad. I can not believe what I did.
Looking on the bright side, I now have to find a heli to fit it in and I think there is only one.
Second thoughts do you think I can squeeze it into my HK450, there's plenty of room after the last crash lol.

murankar

Staff member
Well they only list motors on their web site. So i am guessing you got that he motor for a 550 class. If your looking for a bigger heli the Agile 5.5 is a really nice kit. I believe KDS offers some form of combo kits.

Update
Meant they list only 3 motors and for the price it could only be the one for the 5.5.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Lee

So is that what you are getting then?
Awesome heli, and you'll be the first on here to have one.

treff

Yes, deed is done, money spent. Got it from Belgium. I liked the engineering, looks good and I also wanted a change from the Align type of
heli. Wether I got it right only time will tell but I am looking forwards to the build. Next up electronics. I have a clone of the Beastx but I
am leaning very much to Ikon. I do not know much about the larger heli but I suppose it will need a bec. I was going to install YEP 150 amp
ESC because I already have one. Just waiting on the postman now and getting pretty excited. Servo wise KDS I think although HK do exactly
the same servo just rebadged KDS so if they have stock will go for those for the cyclic and Savox for the tail.

murankar

Staff member
If your on he fence for an Fbl unit look into the kds unit. I have heard good things about it. I am sure if i dig deep i could find some bad things.

Congrats on the new kit. Im sure its a solid kit, i really wanted to win that very same kit a few months ago. It does look solid.

treff

Thanks murankar, looking forward to the build, although it wont be quick because were going away pretty soon and also I have run out of money lol.

Lee

This is an awesome heli Treff.
Take my advice. If you're going to buy a top notch kit, don't put second rate bits on it.
The KDE motor is going to be awesome. I nearly went for that on my goblin, till i decide to go 12S.
YEP will do, but the CC Edge 130A would be a great option. Or the CC edge 120HV. This will give you the option to go to 12S later if you want.
DO NOT SCRIMP ON SERVOS !!! BK servos ( awesome) or RJX. For price to quality, these can't be beat.
Servos are going to make the biggest difference to how you heli flies.
Batteries. I can highly recommend the Revolectrix I have for my Goblin. Cheaper than the big brands, but at the top when it comes to performance.
Get a BEC Pro and a scorpion back up guard. This is the cheapest insurance you can buy.
Can't wait to see this

murankar

Staff member
Lee makes a good point. I would definitely get the pas lee mentioned. This would be a great winter build. Take this time now to gather the parts. Going from your HK specials to this is going to be a universe of difference.

treff

Thanks for the very good advice Lee. Yes you are right of course. It will be a slow build and I will need to save a little more to get the best
options. I have read the manual about 20 times now lol, been building in my sleep. Somethings I do not understand already , especially the mounting of the bearings
in the tail tube but I think things will be come clearer when I can see the actual parts. Yes murankar going to be a steep learning curve from HK and Align but
that is one of the reasons I brought this heli, I just wanted to try something that has a very good reputation for engineering and this is the one I could afford.
I was very tempted by the Goblin but in the end I decided on the Agile simply because of finding somewhere to fly it. Thanks again for the advice it is greatly
appreciated and I will probably be coming back with myriad questions when the build begins.

stokke

Congrats on the bird, Treff! And welcome to the KDS club :D

Here is my best tip: start with the tail section of the manual first. Yes, I understand you'd want to start at page one and so on - but there is a lot of epoxying on the tail build, so just get that out of the way before you build the frame. The manual (at least the one I used) states there is no need to glue the bearings on the TT - what they really mean is that CA glue is useless, and you should use epoxy instead. Also, when the bearings are epoxied on the TT (remember to wait 24 hours), use tons of silicone grease to slide the TT into your boom (oil will not do the trick as well as grease). Also, order some stainless steel E-clips for the tail hub - the ones included with my kit were corroded and rusty!

Good luck man!

treff

Thanks stokke for the tips, any help is more than welcome. I need a lot of things before the build starts lol. This will be my first TT build, infact my first foray away from HK and Align so a little
nervous but looking forward to the challenge. Just hope I do not make to many fuc ups lol. Ha! the questions begin already..........................What are E-clips?

stokke

See those black C-shapes? Those are E-clips.

(Tail pitch slider assembly (different model)).
BLH5754.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Remember that your tail hub is pre-assembled, so be sure to check the E-clips on the pre-assembled tail pitch slider.

Top Bottom